Sens

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
hedonist

Sens

Post by hedonist »

Anyone try this range before? Specifically the shower gel, I ordered some recently and am curious about how good it is.
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Hi Hedonist,

I haven't yet tried the Sens but I am curious. I recently started to branch out from the traditional wet shaving products to more "modern" ranges so my experience here is limited. I just purchased a few Baxter products as it seems they have a very good reputation on several boards. Looking forward to the Baxter stuff and trying out others as well. Might have to put Sens on the list if they get some positive reviews.

Vince
:::Vince:::
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

LOL, you should see the list of things i've tried, lol:

Baxters, California north, Sharps, Anthony Logistics, Metro male, Men U, Malin + Goetz, Kiehls, Billy Jealousy, Acca Kappa, MenScience, Heavy Duty, Brave Soldier, menaji, and the list goes on....

Luckily i've found the products that work best for my skin:

California North Gelskin wash
Sharps toner
MenScience oil free moisturizer
Taylors shave creams
Aloe 80 aftershave gel or Baxters aftershave
sean mac

Post by sean mac »

Hedonist -

I have enjoyed reading your posting several other places.

After shaving, my routine is:

Sharps toner
Baxter Aftershave Balm
California North Action Moisturizer OR Baxter SuperShape

Am I correct to use both an aftershave and a moisturizer after shaving, or is using both products overkill?

Thanks for your thoughts
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

Using a toner and an aftershaving is a sound idea. Sharps will help return pH levels and combat ingrown hairs and aftershave will seal the deal. I had recieved an email from JP over at Baxters who stated that Baxters aftershave is best used without toner b/c it has menthol and other substances that may make it "overkill" combined with a toner. If I use a moisturizer or aloe gel then I will incorporate the Sharps toner after shaving, if I use Baxters balm I do not.
sean mac

Post by sean mac »

As always, thanks for the insight.

I'll try skipping the Sharps toner when using the Baxter aftershave balm and see how my skin reacts.

Happy shaving!
edenri

Post by edenri »

Hedonist, Do you perfer the menscience moist. over the Metro male one?

I have the metro one now, but am needing another soon and I may try the menscience because it is a better deal. I just hate giving up the metro because it seems so perfect.

Eddy
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

I think MenScience is one of the best most absorbent moisturizers on the market. Metro is good but not a good value compared to MenScience.
BTW, if you like the Metro I have it up for trade or sale on the trade forum.
edenri

Post by edenri »

How about compared to the baxter oil free? I have not tried any samples of it, but everyone seems to rave so much.

I would rather spend a bit more on menscience than take the cheap way out and wait for baxter's. I wasted way too much money over the years buying the "cheaper" stuff and then finding out why it was the cheap stuff.

Eddy
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

I did like the sample of Baxteres oil free so if money is an issue i'd wait for that one. Personally I like the extra vitamins and light acids in MenScience b/c it keeps my face looking like a million bucks. Of the moisturizers out on the market right now I feel MenScience is the best.
ARenaissanceMan

Post by ARenaissanceMan »

James just said he would be getting it in around the end of April - beginning of May.
jdtx3302

Post by jdtx3302 »

I believe the Baxter's oil free should be at Mensessentials within a week. At least that is what James posted.
Justin
Texas
ARenaissanceMan

Post by ARenaissanceMan »

Yup, your right. Sorry about that. I don't know why but when I first read it I thought I saw end of April. Silly me.