Nancy Boy Mild Facial Cleanser

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
sean mac

Nancy Boy Mild Facial Cleanser

Post by sean mac »

Anyone have any experience with this product. In particular, I am interested in learning how this product compares to Baxter of California's Face Wash.

Thanks for your help

Sean
Produce great people, the rest follows.
- Elbert Hubbard
JD

Post by JD »

I use it every day. I love the stuff. The only down side I see is that its really thin. There is no scent and it leaves my skin moisturized and clean as can be. I plan to order more when this bottle runs out. The other facial products they offer are fantastic as well. I use the toning face mask once a week and its worth every penny in my book. Hope that helps. Email eric@nancyboy.com and tell him you would like to try the cleanser and he most likely will send you a generous sampling of the Nancy Boy product line.

JD
JD
Valaire

Post by Valaire »

I would not ask him for samples right off the bat, as their policy is usually to include freebies as a reward for purchasing something.

As for the cleanser, I have been using it for awhile now also. It is the thinnest facial cleanser I've ever used, only slightly thicker than water. It is not drying at all, however that also sometimes leaves me with the question if it is cleansing.

JDogg -- can you tell me a bit more about the toning mask? I was thinking of purchasing it with my next order of shave cream. I have mild acne and normal skin (moisterizers are usually bad for me). I have never used a mask before. Thanks!
Chad
z

Post by z »

I have some on the way as well, and will be using it on Friday. If it's half as good as all of the other Nancy Boy products I've used (and I've used lots of them now), then I'll be very quite pleased.
Zach
sean mac

Post by sean mac »

Thanks for your thoughts, guys.

I was on the verge of resupplying my Baxter products when I came across some postings about the wonderful products sold by Nancy Boy. I am ready to make my first purchase (probably tomorrow), but am not quite sure what to buy. Eric Roos (Nancy Boy's co-founder) has already been quite helpful. At this point, I am just trying to decide what exactly to purchase.

I would love to hear more of your impressions. What products do you recommend?
Produce great people, the rest follows.
- Elbert Hubbard
JD

Post by JD »

Valaire wrote:I would not ask him for samples right off the bat, as their policy is usually to include freebies as a reward for purchasing something.

As for the cleanser, I have been using it for awhile now also. It is the thinnest facial cleanser I've ever used, only slightly thicker than water. It is not drying at all, however that also sometimes leaves me with the question if it is cleansing.

JDogg -- can you tell me a bit more about the toning mask? I was thinking of purchasing it with my next order of shave cream. I have mild acne and normal skin (moisterizers are usually bad for me). I have never used a mask before. Thanks!
The toning mask leaves my oily skin feeling clean and soft. I put it on 20 minutes before I shower and lemme tell you something. The shave I get right after using the mask makes me want to use it everyday! It burns a bit at first but after that it has the signature cooling effect. I think I will place an order right now since I am thinking about it!

JD
JD
dcdube

Post by dcdube »

Chad

I've been using the toning face mask for about a month now. It is great stuff. I was hesitant with the price a little high, but it's worth it. The tub will last me for a long time.
You really feel it working in the first few minutes, and it leaves my skin even, not patchy with oily and dry here and there.
Dennis
Valaire

Post by Valaire »

Hmm sounds like I will give it a shot then. I get that patchy effect too. So do you both use it once a week?

As for products, I can recommend the following:

1. Shave Cream
2. Hair Cream
3. Shampoo
4. Body Wash

In that order.

I posted a review of some of them in the shopping forum.
Chad
z

Post by z »

So far, my favorites are:

All of the shave stuff, particularly the aloe-based aftershave. Be sure to look in the "specials" section of their site for a discount package of the preshave oil, shave cream, and aftershave, and a tub of travel shave cream. Saves you a few bucks and gets you that extra tub of cream. They're my preferred shaving products right now. The water/cream ratio takes a bit of

Body oil. Yes, it sounds weird for some folks, but it really goes on cleanly. Smells great and the mint is cooling. Doesn't leave your skin oily at all, just leaves your skin smooth and much better looking. It's a great substitute for body lotion. Hands down, it's probably my favorite product. I have no idea why. I think it's just because I never imagined that my skin could feel as good as it does with this stuff. The oils are of outrageously high quality, and a little goes a long way.

Hand lotion. Leaves your hands sliky smooth, even if you wash your hands frequently. Doesn't go on greasy. Dries within about two minutes. Smells great too. I have two bottles; one for home, and one for work.

Body wash and shampoo. Both work great and smell excellent.
Zach
GDuss

Post by GDuss »

In addition to what everyone has posted so far (and I love the shave cream/AS also, probably my favorite right now), I use the hand soap, body moisturizer and last but certainly not least, the laundry soap. You can read the description of the laundry soap on their website and it's true, you can actually get this soap off of your clothes. I've tried, using conventional laundry detergent, to run my clothes through another full cycle of the washing machine without adding any additional detergent for the 2nd run. If you open the washing machine during the 2nd run, there's plenty of soap in the water which means that the first run didn't get it all off. I've done this on several different machines and it's always the same result. This is not a problem with Nancy Boy and I haven't used a fabric sheet in the dryer since I started using it and don't have any static.

Also, the ultramarine night cream is exceptional.

Hope you have lots of space on the credit card.
Greg
vontech

Post by vontech »

I use the night cream each night, and in the last three weeks, my grizzly, wrinkly old face has gotten notably smoother and softer.

The wrinkles are still there, but they no longer crinkle when I stretch them! :)

I just got a jar of their moisturizing face mask and will report back here after I try it out.
-- Tom

"Used to be" a SHAVEGEEK, now recovered (sob!)
z

Post by z »

GDuss wrote:In addition to what everyone has posted so far (and I love the shave cream/AS also, probably my favorite right now), I use the hand soap, body moisturizer and last but certainly not least, the laundry soap. You can read the description of the laundry soap on their website and it's true, you can actually get this soap off of your clothes. I've tried, using conventional laundry detergent, to run my clothes through another full cycle of the washing machine without adding any additional detergent for the 2nd run. If you open the washing machine during the 2nd run, there's plenty of soap in the water which means that the first run didn't get it all off. I've done this on several different machines and it's always the same result. This is not a problem with Nancy Boy and I haven't used a fabric sheet in the dryer since I started using it and don't have any static.

Also, the ultramarine night cream is exceptional.

Hope you have lots of space on the credit card.
I ordered the laundry soap as well. It should be here tomorrow. My wife thought I was nuts, but I basically said: "But Eric insists it's one of their coolest products!"

Yeah. Um. I'm hooked. What can I say?
Zach
Valaire

Post by Valaire »

Yeah I would like to try their laundry soap as well. I'll have to wait til after I am not using a public laundromat though. 8)
Chad
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Chad, I can just imagine washing your clothes in a public laundromat with a box of Nancy Boy soap. :lol:
Valaire

Post by Valaire »

Austin wrote:Chad, I can just imagine washing your clothes in a public laundromat with a box of Nancy Boy soap. :lol:
If I was creative, I could pack the soap into a box of Tide or something. If I was creative...

Yeah, I recently decided to bite the bullet and purchase an iron since I'm wearing suits now... I thought it'd probably be a good idea to know how to not look like I wrestled an alligater in my clothes.
Chad
SupaDongzu

Post by SupaDongzu »

Valaire wrote:Yeah I would like to try their laundry soap as well. I'll have to wait til after I am not using a public laundromat though. 8)
I use nancy boy in a public laundromat, but I find that a wedding band is a remarkable boost to masculine confidence.

That said, I tend to unload one of the little blue scoops into a little mint tin (about the size and shape of one of those round specialty altoids tins). Since I use the front-loading washers, I get two loads out of a single pocketful.
"If, as they say, God spanked the town
for being over frisky,
why did He burn the churches down
and save Hotaling's whisky?"
-- San Francisco Earthquake rhyme, 1906
Valaire

Post by Valaire »

Hmm -- might have to try that.
Chad