What's up with toners?

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Sage

What's up with toners?

Post by Sage »

Okay, so you guys got me to stop washing my mug with Irish Spring, and it thanks you for that.

Now I am hearing about toners? I guess I am wondering how important they are, and if I ought to try one, is there a good one that I can snag from my local grocery or drug store?

Thanks,
Andy
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

sharpsusa.com

Their toner is the best ive used by far. You can also purchase it at menessentials.com
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Hello Andy,

Daily face skin care is fairly straightforward and beneficial. Cleanse (wash face), lightly exfoliate (shave), tone (soothe, refresh) and moisturize.

I use hydrosols as part of my daily toning regimen. They are steam distillates of the actual flower or herb (like lavender). Very pure solutions. After I shave, I just spray on some hydrosol. It soothes and very lightly moisturizes. It refreshes skin after it has been exfoliated by the shaving.

Most "hydrosols" you find in stores are really floral or flower water. Drops of essential oil in distilled water. Not the same as a true hydrosol.

Hydrosols are very, very lightly scented, so are not classified as fragrances. I also use them whenever I just need a refreshing wakeup spritz. I also spray it on after the shower. If I need moisturizing, I put on a moisturizer.

Witch hazels are toners as well, but many have alcohol and not suitable for everyone's face. I have some Thayer's alcohol-free witch hazels, but they just don't feel the same on my face as a hydrosol. For me, they tend to drip off my face versus the hydrosols which evaporate off my face gently.

Give Charles at QED or Em at Em's Place a call and try some of their true hydrosols. I think you will be pleasantly surprised and make them a part of your regimen.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX