Night time moisturizers?

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Night time moisturizers?

Post by Chris »

Gents,

I'm looking for a good night time moisturizer and I was wondering what everyone here used. I am currently using EO French Lavender Body Lotion, for a facial moisturizer.
Hugo
Paranoid Schizophrenic

Post by Hugo »

Baxter of California Enriched Night Cream.
I'm sure I beat quite a few to this recommendation. This stuff is superb.
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

I've heard a lot about Baxter's. I'm going to have to try this eventually. It's not really heavy, is it? I don't want a sticky feeling moisturizer.
Hugo
Paranoid Schizophrenic

Post by Hugo »

It's heavy if you use too much of it. I had to play around with it to find the right amount. Once I did it went on very nice. That being said it is a night time moisturizer and I believe they are meant to be slightly heavier then daytime moisturizers. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

I think I'm going to have to try this. Any online retailer you can recommend that sells this? I need a good night time moisturizer.
jdtx3302

Post by jdtx3302 »

I can almost guarantee Hugo will send you to James and MensEssentials.com. He is a great retailer and they also have a great community willing to help anyone out.
Justin
Texas
Esoteric83

Post by Esoteric83 »

I second this night cream - Its very effective and at a great price point.

Buy it from Menessentials:

http://www.menessentials.com/oxid.php/s ... 5.91950653
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

Jeez, for that price, I might as well try it. Thanks gents!
ARenaissanceMan

Post by ARenaissanceMan »

I have to respectfully disagree with the Baxter Night Cream recommendation. I didn't find it to be great in any respect, merely average. My tube was more on the thin side and didn't really hydrate my skin more than any other moisturizer did.

I think if you find a good daytime moisturizer it should work just as well for you at night. No one needs a special time of the day moisturizer.

For a good moisturizer check out the Baxter's Oil Free moisturizer or the MenScience moisturizer. Those are probably the best 2 on the market right now.
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

No one needs a special time of the day moisturizer.
To perhaps clarify...if you are engaged in an "anti-aging" skin care regime the Baxters or something similar may help.

I am in my early forties and thought I would give it a go...for me, it has made my skin appear clearer and brighter.

However, if you are younger (i.e 20's, early 30's) then yes, AHA's, BHA's etc may not do anything, and it is probably not worth it.