Skincare - where should I start

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
bhutz

Skincare - where should I start

Post by bhutz »

I've decided to up my "grooming" game by get involved with a DE razor, brush and decent aftershave balm but need to do the same with skincare.

I have read a few posts and it seems that the process is
  • Cleanse
  • Tone
  • Moisturise
I also read on a website that a clay mask and facial scrub once a week doesn't go a miss either.
Are there any other elements that I should consider or products you would recommend?

If you have any advice, maybe put the recommended products in a list so that this post is useful to others in the future for a quick reference
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Welcome to the forum. Things to consider when ordering products are skin type, skin problems and budget.

Check out this internet retailer http://www.menessentials.com/oxid.php/s ... 98db78054b . Great products and pricing. Their forum has alot of good advice.
vespergo

soap

Post by vespergo »

bhutz,

If you use a good soap for your body and the same soap for your face then you shouldn't have to tone and moisterize. At least that's been the case for me. Try to get a hold of Neutrogena Unscented Bar Soap. Use it on your whole body as well as your face. The results aren't as good if you use regular soap as well as neutrogena just for your face... for some reason it just doesn't... can't explain just know that's what happens to me.

If you notice improvements.. (it works for both oily and dry skin.. of which i have dry skin.. to restore it to that nice balance of right down the middle of the spectrum) then I would up the game and get ahold of Russian Birch Tar Soap or Grandpa's Pine Tar soap. The number one is the Russian, then I'd say Grandpa's and Neutrogena are close seconds. All three produce pretty good results but if you can get ahold of one of these than you'd be ontop of the game more than you know. Let me know what you think. I've tried many soaps, moisertizers, shave oils, creams, pills, the whole basket of goodies and so far this is what i've found works the best for me.. Also there is a certain percentage of improvement with other aspects of your skincare preparation.. look at one of the other posts and you can see my regimen in full. It's worked wonders for me and hopefully someone else can benefit for the many years that it's taken me to figure out my body.

Josh