Trumper Skin Food as a spritzer?

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
AceHarddrive

Trumper Skin Food as a spritzer?

Post by AceHarddrive »

Has anyone decanted a bottle of Trumper Skin Food into a spritzer bottle/atomizer? I think the stuff is thin enough to use as a spritzer, isn't it?

~Tim 8)

The wolf
Is shaved
So neat and trim
Red Riding Hood
Is chasing him
Burma-Shave
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Skin food is a bit gummy and might be a bit to thick to atomize. Besides, it needs to be rubbed into the skin for best results.
Richard
yourmando

Post by yourmando »

I haven't found a need to put the skin food into a spray bottle. But a key ingredient in the skin foods is rose water, also called rose hydrosol. Hydrosol is the generic term for a floral water, which is water from destilling flowers for essential oils. The best hyrosols however are distilled for the floral water specifically.

Try out some rose hydrosol and see how you like it for its toning effects. I personally love the scent and use it every day on my face as a toner and mild astringent. You can get it at many "natural product" stores. Even Art of Shaving sells rose hydrosol, which you can find at almost any department store. If you really want the best stuff, I recommend getting organic rose hydrosol from Bulgarian roses (the AOS hydrosol is conventional and made in Lebanon):

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/fwater/fwater.php

If you want the skin food for the gummy balm feeling, or for the scent of the lime variant...well what's wrong with using it from the bottle?

Armando