Home Page | Gallery | PM Inbox | Forum Index  

Boots

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).

Re: Boots

Postby brothers » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:05 pm

I agree with the practice of going into the store and finding a knowledgeable sales associate who knows the answers to all of your concerns. Especially when the right fit will last decades of pure comfort and workmanship.
Gary
brothers

Postby Sam » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:26 am

Last night, took back the Dan Post. the 10.5, maybe had too much heel to toe, though across the instep, it was ok. Got these Double H boots:

https://www.cavenders.com/western/cowbo ... 7IQAvD_BwE

It has like a cup on the heel, so though there is slippage, not as bad. Snug, but not tight on the instep. Much more casual. Im just wearing them around the office to break them in, but so far, they are very comfy. I can see why people that are on their feet many hours a day want a substantial shoe or boot. Lots more padding under foot for sure. Should be good for what I bought a boot in the first place for - those days when I am walking around and standing up for hours, like tailgates and football games, strolling on vacation (not hiking, but shopping with family, etc), things like that. Could get by pairing them with khakis to a dinner I guess.

These, I am thinking about also:

https://www.lucchese.com/shop/boots/carson/M1023.R4

click on the black cherry

I go back and forth with another boot. The goat boot in Luchesse I tried on was a 9D, the only maker that I could go with my dress shoe size. It felt the best of any leather-soled cowboy boot I tried on, other than a handmade pair locally that was an 11B (yes, go figure), and even then, they were probably neck and neck.

But if I had to choose one pair, don't know whether to keep the Double H or get the Luchesse. I got a tobacco pair of Chelsea ankle boots to pair with grey and khaki dress pants and they do look sharp. I have a pair of Sperry ankle Topsider boots in a lighter tan color for kicking around, but they are not so great at standing around in them, not as much arch stuff or support as the boots (I guess that is due to the higher heel height?). So if I only get one pair of cowboy boots, I can get something like some Red Wing Beckman ankle boots (Dark brown, black cherry are options) or something like a snuff suede chelsea. So its one pair of cowboy boots and one alternate for weekends, casual, khakis and jeans stuff, or two pair of cowboy boots. Decisions, Decisions
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Postby Rufus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:51 pm

Sam, I don't know the Double H brand, but you can't beat a pair of Lucchese. I know I'm sounding like a stuck record, but I thought I'd never find a western-style boot to fit me and then I found Lucchese.
Bryan
Rufus

Postby Bobwhite » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:44 pm

Lucchese for cowboy boots, and Allen Edmonds for dressier boots or shoes. Pricey, but undoubtedly worth it.

Your most expensive shoes are the ones you never wear.
Bobwhite

Postby Sam » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:39 pm

Lost out on the first Lucchese. Darn. But I won a pair of full ostrich quill sienna Luchesse. These :

https://m.cavenders.com/western/cowboy- ... /LCL8118C9

SELLER on eBay wanted 325 and shipping. I took a flyer and got them 100 less. Tried on a 9d goat ropers locally and they fit. Hope these do.
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Postby Rufus » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:05 pm

Sam, very nice looking boots. I do like the looks of Lucchese ropers. Let us know what they are like when you get them.
Bryan
Rufus

Postby Rufus » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:18 pm

My Lucchese ropers in black cherry.
Attachments
image.jpeg
My Lucchese ropers in black cherry
image.jpeg (181.94 KiB) Viewed 35 times
Bryan
Rufus