Kitchen knives

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Whistler

Re: Kitchen knives

Post by Whistler »

After reading this thread I went out and purchased the Chef's Choice Trizor sharpener, took me about 2 hour to convert our set of Henckels, great recommendation, Thank You. Have been very pleased with the results and my knives are wicked sharp again.
Regards,
Marty
---------------------------------------------------

"Be still! Me mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives."
brothers

Post by brothers »

Same here. Yesterday I touched up the edges of my kitchen knives, which takes almost no time at all. My knives are far sharper now than they've ever been before. I also secured a good pair of bamboo cutting boards (Walmart) several weeks ago. For those who are asking whether I've recently cut myself with the super sharp blades, the answer is yes, I had to do it twice before I figured out I had developed some bad habits over the years. I seem to be a slow learner.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Barry

Post by Barry »

Funny that this thread popped up. I'm actually headed out today to pick up a Trizor XV sharpener.

Looking forward to getting my knives back in good shape on my own.
brothers

Post by brothers »

We have a couple of good knives with serrated blades. I had my doubts, but following the printed instructions for serrated blades they are also razor sharp.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Barry

Post by Barry »

I sharpened two knives with the Trizor XV.

The first knife was a Cuisinart chef's knife that I won for something or another at a grocery store. It's a very cheap knife and I used it for everything. I don't particularly like it primarily because of the the way it feels in my hand. I did my best to get it into shape - it took some time and it is significantly sharper but it's still pretty much a beater of a knife and I don't think I'm going to use it as much.

I then sharpened a dull but higher quality serrated blade that I use for bread and other things and was very impressed with the results. It wasn't it too bad of shape it just needed a few pulls. It's a Victorinox Fibrox.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Just following up to acknowledge the luxury of having razor sharp knives on demand. Today I decided to touch up my kitchen knives. They seem to be growing sharper as time goes by as a result of periodic touchups as indicated in the operating instructions that came with my sharpener. This is one of the best investments I've stumbled upon in a very long time.
Gary