shower filters - any suggestions

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
soulshine

shower filters - any suggestions

Post by soulshine »

there were some gents talking at my local Y this afternoon about shower filters but i missed most of the conversation. i googled it this evening but there is way to much info to go over. are there any gents here that currently use one & could suggest a model that will not break the bank?

thanks!
s~s
sousy

Post by sousy »

Shower filter?

What are you trying to filter out?
Regards,

Chad
Bob

Post by Bob »

Chlorine.

I'm interested in getting one, too.
--Bob--
rahul325
wEtShAvEr

Post by rahul325 »

how can u filter chlorine ?? is the filter charcoal based, wont this reduce the water pressure ?
Wet shaving is an expensive addiction :twisted:

FS - 2 fatboys - E2 and F4, both in good condition. Pls PM me
Leisureguy

Post by Leisureguy »

I've used a shower filter for quite a while. It doesn't reduce my water pressure all that much, but then I also use a low-water-usage showerhead. This is the one that I use. I reverse the filter each month and replace the filter every 24 months---I'm the only one taking the showers, and it's a low-flow showerhead. It does take out the chlorine smell and other odors that afflict our tap water. I think it's a good deal. This is the showerhead I use.
Last edited by Leisureguy on Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ARenaissanceMan

Post by ARenaissanceMan »

Hedonist started the same thread over at ME. Here's the link

Shower Filters....Amazing!

Inside there are a number of reviews and I posted some data from last month's Consumer Digest. Enjoy.
Leisureguy

Post by Leisureguy »

Hey, I looked at the reviews and the one I used is top-rated---tied for best. I'm delighted. I wish I could say that this was the result of careful research, but I admit that it's just chance.
soulshine

Post by soulshine »

thanks everyone!

s~s
ScottS

Post by ScottS »

Interesting. One of the raves at the MenEssentials site tested out at less than 40% Chlorine removal! Blind tests would be interesting.