Streaming Radio Stations

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
MindSpin

Streaming Radio Stations

Post by MindSpin »

Earlier this year I was in Colorado Springs for a Cablelabs conference. While driving I discovered a radio station called KRCC. It played song after song of interesting and unheard (to me) songs. I like to think I have pretty diverse and not TOO mainstream tastes in music. From classic rock to contemporary jazz to alternative and heavy alternative. This station really twigged something in me. So when I got home I was delighted to discover I could stream it (as I'm doing this moment). In the morning and afternoon (Colorado Springs time) they have their Free Form format, which is what I really enjoy. AND they publish their playlist in real time.

So I present you with KRCC.org.
Streaming http://shoutcast.krcc.org:8000/listen.pls
Playlist http://www.krcc.org/playlist/index.php

Do you have any particularly stations you stream?
Dave

(Sure enough, the minute I post this, they are in a bunch of commercial breaks)
Personal growth has always been a passion of mine... I'm just too lazy to do anything about it.
msandoval858

Post by msandoval858 »

In the car I listen to XM, various channels.

At home I've found Pandora to be very interesting. You basicly create your own channels based on the type of music you want to hear. The streaming quailty is great too! www.pandora.com
Mike
MindSpin

Post by MindSpin »

msandoval858 wrote:In the car I listen to XM, various channels.

At home I've found Pandora to be very interesting. You basicly create your own channels based on the type of music you want to hear. The streaming quailty is great too! www.pandora.com
In the car I have Sirius.
At home I have this http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=387.
Personal growth has always been a passion of mine... I'm just too lazy to do anything about it.
MindSpin

Post by MindSpin »

WOW. That is pretty cool. I just tried it a couple times. Nice.
msandoval858

Post by msandoval858 »

You can get some pretty interesting music depending on what you type in there. I especially like how it will tell you why it's playing a particular song based on your preferences.
Mike
jallen013

Post by jallen013 »

i'm a HUGE fan of http://www.radio1190.org. it's the student station at the university of colorado.
MindSpin

Post by MindSpin »

msandoval858 wrote:You can get some pretty interesting music depending on what you type in there. I especially like how it will tell you why it's playing a particular song based on your preferences.
Crap diddy-ap. Only U.S. citizens need apply. Pffft. I'm going to simpy lie. How's that for manners?
I used the zip code from Classicshaving. Apropos I think.
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Re: Streaming Radio Stations

Post by mantic »

What the heck are they using for a streaming player??

I like Pandora and Yahoo's Launchcast....

--Mark
MindSpin

Post by MindSpin »

mantic wrote:
What the heck are they using for a streaming player??

I like Pandora and Yahoo's Launchcast....

--Mark
I use Winamp on my computer. I click on that link and it fires up my Wimamp player. I'm not sure what other players will work. Real player maybe. I've used Winamp for years.
Dave
DaveInPhilly

Post by DaveInPhilly »

I stream XM, its free with the subscription, and they have a lot more online content than Sirius did. I have had XM for about 3 mos now, I had Sirius for about 18 mos.
sousy

Post by sousy »

MindSpin wrote:Do you have any particularly stations you stream?
I'm a big fan of my local public radio - I often stream them because my computer speakers are better than the portable radio I have in my office.

http://www.woi.org

Minnesota Public Radio has "The Current" (http://minnesota.publicradio.org/) and KCRW has some eclectic listening for those that are into the music the kids listen to. ( http://www.kcrw.com/ )
Regards,

Chad
PonyPlayer

Post by PonyPlayer »

I use live radio.net. You can listen to almost any radio station in the world via PC.

http://www.live-radio.net/info.shtml

Patrick
"Bart, a woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!"

- Homer Simpson
Scorpio

Post by Scorpio »

I stream sports talk radio

www.theticket.com out of DFW sometimes ESPN radio.

Rafael
"A well lathered face is only half of a good shave"
Rob

Post by Rob »

I'm really enjoying Pandora. They do quite a good job at playing the types of music I enjoy.
teamccloud

Post by teamccloud »

I am a big fan of Paste Magazine and Paste Radio.
Jeff
teamccloud

Post by teamccloud »

I'll second Pandora. Although at work it's distracting because I want to know what/who I'm listening to, so I'm constantly checking the artists.
Jeff
Leisureguy

Post by Leisureguy »

On Saturday nights, here's my schedule:

4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time: WAMU Hot Jazz Saturday Night

7:00 p.m. - !2:00 m. Pacific Time: KUOW The Swing Years & Beyond
Onion

Post by Onion »

Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

Thanks, LeisureGuy. I'm going to have to check out that swing show ...

I'm a fan of KFAI. Here's their program schedule -- a little something for everybody. None of it is really polished, but you won't hear the music anyplace else on the dial around here. My favorite show is a fun review of usually-lesser-known (and, sometimes, deservedly forgotten) pop music somewhat inelegantly called Crap from the Past.
“Time just seems to get quicker. You look in the mirror in the morning and you think, ‘I’m already shaving again!’” - Terry Jones of Monty Python's Flying Circus
Leisureguy

Post by Leisureguy »

"Off the charts, but still in our hearts..."