My Mother

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Chaps

My Mother

Post by Chaps »

Friends, my Mother may not have long to live. Day before yesterday, she was taken to the ER with her blood pressure dropping and not being responsive. She has Alzheimer's and an enlarged heart and is 82 years old with numerous medical ailments. We thought we had lost her twice Thursday night as her heart stopped on two different occasions, but she brought herself back. The doctors have told us all they can do is make her as comfortable as possible. There are times when she is alert, but she doesn't know where she is and becomes very confused and is very weak, however, she does seem to be aware somewhat of her condition as she was able to tell us kids in her room to tell people where she is going and then she asked us when would it be over and when could she go. Guys, it is so hard to even write these words, but my Mother is ready to go when that time comes. One of my Mother's wishes was for all of us kids to be together in her presence at least one last time and that happend tonight. It has been 18 years since all of my brothers and sisters were last together in one place. My two older sisters flew into Memphis last night from North Carolina and so there we were all seven of us gathered together around my Mother's hospital bed tonight perhaps for the last time and I know it made my Mother glad. She told us in a freeble voice to take care of one another and we promised that we would.
We do not know how long my Mother has, her condition is such that she could pass at any time or she may live longer, but we have been told that she will not get better and as I said, the doctors are just trying to make her comfortable. Sorry for the long post, I just wanted you, my, friends, to know if you didn't hear from me for a while, that I hadn't deserted you. I just need to be near my Mother and my Brothers and Sisters.

Thanks for listening,
Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

May God watch over your mother and your family during these difficult times.

John
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
prism

Post by prism »

Danny, I'm very sorry to hear about your mother's condition. I will remember her in my prayers and hope for the best. Vic
2clfrwrds

Post by 2clfrwrds »

Danny, I'll be sure to remember her, and all her children, in my prayers. Thank you for letting us know.

--Glenn
LtMac

Post by LtMac »

Thoughts and prayers sent for your mother and all of your family.

Don
In God We Trust; All Others Checked Through NCIC
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Hi Danny -

In spite of the unavoidable sadness, reading about you and your brothers and sisters all coming together for your mother's sake warmed my heart. That is a treasure that she will take with her.

I, too, will keep you all in my prayers, and I look forward to your return.

- Murray
Sue
Vendor

Post by Sue »

Danny,
May you all receive strength from each other. You and your brothers and sisters have fulfilled a very important wish of your Mother and by being together have brought joy to her heart.

I will also keep you, your Mom and family in my prayers.
God bless.
Sue
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

Danny, my prayers are with you and your family. I recommend that you visit with Hospice. My father is dying and Hospice has been wonderful for him and our family.

God Bless,
Tony
Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Post by nodaktim »

Danny, I know that must not have been an easy post to write. Thank you for sharing this difficult time with us. Hopefully you can draw strength from us and the seven of you from each other. May God watch over your mother and her seven children. Please takes this time to be with your family, but update us when you can.

Again you, your mother, and your family are also in my prayers.
~ Tim ~

"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Danny

Prayers are with you and your family. Stay strong.

Clive
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Danny, it has been said that our thoughts and prayers will be with you, and we all pray that you will be comforted during this period. I pray that your mother feels blessed that all of her children gathered. I'll be on a prayerwalk this morning with my 7th grade boys, and we will pray for her. My wife this morning will be visiting your church at 9:00 and I hope she stays to meet up with some friends and then join them for their class.

Sam
Big Ren
The Toronto Kid

Post by Big Ren »

Danny,

You and your family are in my thoughts.

Ren
"What I find ironic is the fact that we can talk wireless to a man on the moon but we can't talk to someone twenty feet away over a hard-wired intercom at a drive-thru!" - Pottydoctor
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Reading this has filled me with sadness, Danny my thoughts are with you and your family.
May God bless your family and hopefully your mom has some more time.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
DEF

Post by DEF »

Danny,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I receive this news as a reminder that for each and every one of us, it's not a question of "whether" we will pass, but under what circumstances. Although this is and will be a very sad time, it is good to hear that the family could be together at your Mom's side. When medicine no longer matters, that's what does -- and in that respect, when the time comes, you will have done for your Mom everything that could be done.

Sympathies and respects,
Doug
Rob

Post by Rob »

Danny, be sure to take all the time you need with your family. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

Danny, thank you for sharing the news about your mother, even as hard as it was to do that. It's terrific that you could get all the kids together at one time -- and before it was too late. No matter what your mother's mental state, I'm sure she knows you were all together.

My prayers are with you and your family as well. Peace and love...
“Time just seems to get quicker. You look in the mirror in the morning and you think, ‘I’m already shaving again!’” - Terry Jones of Monty Python's Flying Circus
wrath186

Post by wrath186 »

Danny,

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hang tough.

Bill--
Ben

Post by Ben »

I'm sorry to hear this news. You and your siblings did a very good deed by honoring her wish that you all be together.
Hell-bent ... hell-bent for Feather!

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."
— Dr. Gonzo, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Danny god bless.
msandoval858

Post by msandoval858 »

I'm sorry to hear the news.

My prayers are with you and your family.
Mike