Tea

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Tea

Post by qed-usa »

Hey, Todd and Paul and everybody -

I know some of you chaps are interested in tea because we have already spoken off forum on the subject ... either by email or phone. Though I am not overly keen about retailers using forums to hawk their wares, since tea is really not my main business and since this is not a tea forum I hope you don't view this entry as a violation of my anti-hawking philosophy.

A few "years" ago I use to sell fine teas as part of my retail business. When I closed my bricks & mortar operation I discontinued offering many of the fine English products I brought in to supplement the English toiletries I offered. This included a large collection of ecletic items ranging from antique British silver and linens to silk smoking jackets and even chocolates. Since my products were predominantly English, I felt it was absolutely essential I offer that most English of hot beverages, tea. The teas I ultimately presented were obtained directly, either from China or India. I did not deal with deal U.S. importers or retailers who sold on a wholesale basis. I have always enjoyed teas and was actually interested in the subject long before opening my retail business. So when I decided to add teas I was somewhat knowledgable on the subject.

Lately, I have found it extremely difficult to locate teas of a quality that really satisfies my palate. Consequently, I decided to re-establish contact with some of the "factories" in China who proved reliable when I was actively involved with tea. Still, I had to cup-test many samples until I found the first tea which I feel to be of superior quality. It is a Jasmine tea. I was able to obtain only a small quantity of this tea ... the actual order departed China yesterday ... so if any of you chaps are interested in obtaining a small bit, you can contact me directly qedusa@cox.net. I am happy to send you further details via email.

Regards,
Charles
Q E D

Post by Guest »

Charles: You know I'm ready. Just let us know when it comes.

Regards, Todd
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Post by qed-usa »

Boy! ... I can even post correctly on this site. Looks like I created another new "Tea" category. In any case, here's my response, hopefully this time posted in the right place.

I hear you, Todd. I'll notify you as soon as the tea arrives. Once it hits American soil it's got to clear customs and FDA but normally that doesn' take too long. That means I may see it around November 2nd. If fortune is with me, maybe sooner. Regards, Charles QED
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

First tea is in

Post by qed-usa »

Hi, gents!

My first tea has arrived, a Jasmine. For those interested, go to my site and click on "Other fabulous toiletires ..." scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see a listing for Tea. Click on the word "here" for further details about the Jasmine tea I am offering.

Regards,
Charles
Q E D