Moustache Wax

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
razor_boy
King Of Hard Soaps

Moustache Wax

Post by razor_boy »

I have started to use a new moustache wax (Lone Star moustache wax from Del Rio, Texas).

The wax is not water soluable (sp?) so it will not come off when you eat or drink but will come out easily with soap & water.

I has a very nice but mild scent of Patchouli, Bay and Sandlewood. so far the hold seems very good and it is a bargin at $5.25 for a one ounce tin.

Also the flat round tin is much easier to carry than a tube.

Paul.
A Peach looks good with lots of fuzz but man's no peach and never was. ~ Burma Shave
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Hey Paul,

I don't personally use moustache wax but I'm curious as to where one can buy this product? I know a few guys who might be interested.

Vince
:::Vince:::
razor_boy
King Of Hard Soaps

Post by razor_boy »

Vince,

The company is Val Verde Mercantile and Lone Star Moustache Wax is their only product.

The website is:
http://www.valverdemercantile.com/

Paul.
A Peach looks good with lots of fuzz but man's no peach and never was. ~ Burma Shave
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Excellent! Thanks Paul!
:::Vince:::
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Vince,

You may wish to show your friends the Col. Conk moustache wax. My ex gf's father used it exclusively and this man had more shaving and facial care products than even Joel! He had probably double what joel has. And this was what he considered to be amoung the best
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.