Wet shavers group on last.fm

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
bjrn

Wet shavers group on last.fm

Post by bjrn »

Hi everyone!

I don't know how many here use Last.fm, but perhaps there are a few. I started a group on last.fm for us traditional wet shavers. I was curious if we'll have any common tastes or if our tastes will be all over the place (I'm suspecting it'll be the latter). Anyway, for anyone interested who uses last.fm, join The Perfect Shave.

For people who don't know what Last.fm is:
Last.fm is a website which allows you to track which music you are listening to, and also get recommendations based on what you're listening to. Last.fm also has a media player which works as an internet radio player that plays music you are likely to like (or other music tagged with particular words you choose). To enable the tracking (or "scrobbling" as they call it) you have to be using software for which plugins are available, such as Windows Media Player, iTunes, WinAmp or the last.fm radio player.
bjrn

Post by bjrn »

Just a quick update. We have enough members to have the site generate weekly charts of our combined listening habits! And I guess the music played in the member radio (which you can listen to in your browser by the way) will be generated from our weekly charts.
bjrn

Post by bjrn »

And another little update. The joining policy has changed (because we were getting members who were just joining to be a part of as many groups as possible). To join now, just click the join button, and post in the "Shoutbox" on the group page saying something like "I'm a wet shaver, let me in!" (or something else, just make it clear you want to join).
~dan~

Post by ~dan~ »

Funny, I found lastFM yesterday but didn't get a chance to sign up.
I have done it now as 'danshaver', approve me please.

Current top list contains things as diverse as StereoTotal to Neil Young! This is going to be interesting!
DNA - National Dyslexic Association
Dyslexics of the world untie!
PonyPlayer

Post by PonyPlayer »

bjrn,

I have just started to use last.fm and man what a great site. I tried it out a while back and was not impressed but it seems to have really grown.

Sign me up! I have sent a request to join....same username as on SMF.

Ponyplayer
"Bart, a woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!"

- Homer Simpson
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Since my wife got me an iPod classic for my birthday last week, I have stopped listening to radio altogether - podcasts have now become my life. Also - since I can carry my entire CD collection around with me in such a small and portable package, I don't have to worry about which CD to select to take with me in the car.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?