Beer of the day...!!

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Becks...way too many to even mention
de gustibus non est disputandum
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Stone IPA: it's unbalanced, basically a touch of malt as an excuse to throw hops at you, but that's exactly what I wanted today. A buddy and I will be heading for one of the local beer emporiums tonight for a couple more.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Wound up having a locally brewed lager (not bad) and a Bass (great!) last night at a slightly lesser beer emporium than originally planned. Very good stuff, still.

Today I'm having a Bridgeport IPA (American hops, but a traditional British approach to brewing and balancing the beer; easily my favorite IPA) with a late lunch.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
Gillette1904

Post by Gillette1904 »

Coming into this thread late, but...

Right now enjoying a bottle of what we in the US get labeled as "B.B. Burgerbrau", but what is sold in Europe (and has been, minus a glaring 50 year absence under Communist rule, since 1802) as "Budweiser Burgerbrau".

Muy yum.
Best, Michael
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Post by Racso_MS »

Spent the week in Kentucky and tried "Kentucky Ale". Not a bad brew. The second 22 oz glass was even better than the first :wink:

Enjoy your weekend and as always...

Enjoy your shave... :D
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...
aaronrules

Post by aaronrules »

Anybody ever had any of the Capitol Brewery beers from Madison, WS? I spent a month up there in feburary and had what is called "spotted cow"...pretty good!
Aaron
Ft. Smith, AR
I love this forum!
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Aaron, Spotted Cow is an excellent beer from New Glarus Brewing. The brewery is very cool, sort of a hybrid of a German brewery (lagers, big bocks) and a Belgian farmhouse or lambic brewery. I really like Spotted Cow (and several other of their beers). If only they were available outside of WI.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

aaronrules

Post by aaronrules »

TBoner wrote:Aaron, Spotted Cow is an excellent beer from New Glarus Brewing. The brewery is very cool, sort of a hybrid of a German brewery (lagers, big bocks) and a Belgian farmhouse or lambic brewery. I really like Spotted Cow (and several other of their beers). If only they were available outside of WI.

Regards,
i was hopinbg i had the name of the brewery right...but I didn't...oops...but still some good beers!
Aaron
Ft. Smith, AR
I love this forum!
Big Swifty

Post by Big Swifty »

Yesterday I bought a 6 pack of Stone Brewery's Ruination IPA...good stuff.
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"
BlankTim

Post by BlankTim »

They call me...Tim?

Hopefully it doesn't taste like manky scottish git.
I do have a Newcastle Brown Ale on stand-by, just in case.
-Tim
...So I lathered him with me shillelagh...
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Tim, despite the gimmick, it's a good beer. Not great, but good, especially with pork loin roast and cranberry sauce.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

BlankTim

Post by BlankTim »

You're right. It's not a great ale by any means, but it really wasn't bad at all. Of course, after the third one I didn't care any more. :lol:

They went well with the steak, wild rice, and sweet peas I decided to cook up.
-Tim
...So I lathered him with me shillelagh...
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I've been drinking piels for the past few days. Its disgusting, but better than bud and a lot cheaper too

Clive
Scrapyard Ape

Post by Scrapyard Ape »

fallingwickets wrote:I've been drinking piels for the past few days. Its disgusting, but better than bud and a lot cheaper too

Clive
Just Googled Piels.... looks "interesting" to say the least. I have an unhealthy fascination with cheap, regional brews. (all due to the utter horror that was "Pride of the South" lager.... a truly frightening beer) :D
~Greg
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Not that means much, but even the dudes at rate beer aren't that put off. There's still hope in pauperdom HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Clive
rikrdo

Post by rikrdo »

Inversion IPA from Deschutes Brewery
rick
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Great Divide Titan IPA.

Great Divide is one of the better all-round breweries making American ales today. Titan, Yeti Imperial Stout (esp. the oak-aged version), and Old Ruffian Barleywine could all be considered the benchmarks of their respective styles. The standard pale ale is more British in character but uses American ale yeast to tone down the fruitiness. It's a superb daily drinker. Hercules Double IPA may or may not measure up to the San Diego pale ales, but I find its pine-and-tangerine character absolutely glorious. But none of these is my favorite of their products. St. Bridget's Porter is a stellar robust American porter, not as big as some or hoppy as many, but superbly balanced.

There are other microbreweries doing bigger beers, more innovative beers, or more wide-ranging styles (Belgians, etc.), but no one is doing the standard American ale styles better or more consistently than Great Divide.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Regards,
Squire
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Regards,
Squire
DEF

Post by DEF »

I tried the new Budweiser American Ale and was unimpressed. You do get a bit of citrus/floral hoppiness on the finish, but not quite enough, and what you do get is only because the malt just quits on you. It's not a total flop, but with better choices out there, I won't be coming back.
Doug