Beer of the day...!!

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

drumana wrote:
Gareth wrote:Andrew, nice photo. I wish I was that talented with a camera.

Wadworth's 6X for me tonight.
Gareth - haha. I wish I was that good as well. . . I yoinked that pic off the internet! :oops:
Cheaters don't go to MWF heaven, you know??
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Had a Rio Blanco Pale Ale from Real Ale Brewing, a tiny microbrewery in the TX Hill Country. This brew is distinguished from the average American pale ale by the use of Czech Saaz hops (signature hop of Czech pilsners) at the end of the boil, which adds a floral aroma and an orange blossom rather than a grapefruit flavor. Well-balanced and quenching enough to soothe the summer thirst of the Hill Country resident. This brewery is a favorite of mine, owing both to its Texas roots and the extreme DIY system on which these fellows brew (used dairy tanks are used as fermenters, or were until a year or so ago). Terrific little brewery, should you ever be in Blanco, TX - and I can't imagine why you would be unless traveling between quaint antique stores in neighboring towns.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
drumana

Post by drumana »

Fool you, Gareth - I'm already in MWF heaven!! :wink:
-Andrew-
Bonzo

Post by Bonzo »

Just got back from Cleveland. I had beers from two local brewing companies:

The Great Lakes Brewing Company: http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/

and

The Rock Bottom Brewery: http://www.rockbottom.com/RockBottomWeb/RBR/Home.aspx

The two I had from Great Lakes were the Eliot Ness, a Vienna Lager (according to them) and the Dortmunder Gold Lager (a basic lager). Very nice flavors.

I had a sampling of all of the Rock Bottom brews. My favorite was their "Catcher in the Rye," a beer made out of rye that had an apricot like finish. Very nice.
John

All men, by nature, desire to know - Aristotle
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Great Lakes is a very good traditionalist brewery in the German mold. The Dortmunder style had all but died out in Germany, but Great Lakes kept it alive and it is making a bit of a comeback in its homeland. I have only tasted the Eliot Ness among their offerings. Excellent stuff.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
drumana

Post by drumana »

Saturday night

Ipswitch Ale on draught at The Audobon Circle in Brookline, MA. . . this place has some of the best burgers in the Boston area. . . great place to hang out. Good beers. Good music. Cute waitresses :wink: . . . and good beers on draught.

-Andrew-
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

OK! I'm strolling around Whole Paycheck yesterday afternoon looking for chives and cherry tomatoes when I slip into the liquor section and what do I find there?....the (in)famous Rogue Ale. I was so excited I almost opened up a bottle in the parking lot, but then thoughts of spending the weekend with Bubba dashed that idea, so instead I waited until I got home.

The beer is nice, but it is to sweet tasting for me. I wish these things were easy to ship, cause if they were I would mail the rest of the bottles to you guys.

Clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

The one in the middle is dedicated to Bill.
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Gareth,

I love them all but the Abbot"s is a favourite! (you read my story about St. Albans didn't you.)

I don't know which I dream more about...a good Trumper cream or a good British beer..........

Thanks Gareth!

Bill
Don't think......shave.
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Bill, yep, I got your PM (you'll get a response later). The Abbot Ale was purchased especially in your honour, m'Lord.
D.Irving79
The Great Lord Protector of the SE!

Post by D.Irving79 »

TBoner wrote:the Eliot Ness

amazing.
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Monday

Big Swifty

Post by Big Swifty »

Gareth,
I frequent a Pub here in vegas called Crown & Anchor amd they happen to serve Old Speckled Hen on tap! simply delicious for a cream ale. Now I know that is nothin' to holler about in your neck o' the woods but here in the states it is pretty rare.
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"
Bonzo

Post by Bonzo »

Kicked back a nice Sam Adams Lager after a hot day of yard work.
John

All men, by nature, desire to know - Aristotle
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Post by Racso_MS »

I'm on a business trip (Bad Back and All) in Enterprise, Alabama. Just purchased and tried a couple of:

Yuengling "Original" Black and Tan.

If you like "Dark Beer", this is excellent.

If you don't like "Dark Beer", you will hate it.
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...
D.Irving79

Post by D.Irving79 »

when i drank, i was fond of the dark beer offered by SPATEN
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Had some standbys at a fair-to-spare bar tonight:

Bass - excellent on draft and one I too often overlook; lovely caramel apple note on the finish

Sierra Nevada pale Ale - a fresh keg with outstanding hop aroma and classic balance

Maredsous 8 - shouldn't have; easy to drink, raisiny and robust without the 8% alcohol showing itself until you stand up to leave

I love trying new things, but sometimes it's nice to find a known quantity on draught.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

D.Irving79

Post by D.Irving79 »

the best (when i drank of course) was the local bar in the fall had hacker pschorr on tap. i was in heaven.
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Steve, well actually, it isn't all THAT easy anymore to find pubs which have really good quality traditional beers on tap anymore. It's all lager these days. Good to see that even in Vegas you can get a good British beer! Thankfully we have a fantastic local at home in North Wales which has an excellent range of real ales including some which are brewed there in the county.

"Great Orme's Best".....hmmm......now that is a nice one.
Hraefn

Post by Hraefn »

I really enjoy a good black and tan, or as well call them here a thundercloud when made with a wheat.
Thus he shewed me: and, behold, the LORD stood upon a wall made by a plumbline, with a plumbline in his hand.