Funny thread on MSN Wetshavers board

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Funny thread on MSN Wetshavers board

Post by VinceFX »

You guys should read this when you get a chance, especially the writings by Cory. Though I don't agree with most of his thoughts I find his writings to be quite amusing :-)

http://groups.msn.com/WetShavers/itemsforsale.msnw...
:::Vince:::
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Post by qed-usa »

Vince:

I wholeheartedly agree with you about the postings by Corey. This lad is really a skilled writer. I see he has stirred up some turds with his Simpson postings ... which I am enjoying.

Regards,
Charles
Q E D
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Post by qed-usa »

Todd -

Silvertip should NOT have any prickly feeling like porcupine ... this is a pile of turds being "drop" on forum members. One of the main reasons for buying a BADGER shaving brush is for the sensual feeling of soft hair against the face. The higest grade of badger should not feel like porcupine.

Regards,
Charles
Q E D
capspackle

Post by capspackle »

That Corey is a real piece of work. I popped into that method shaving forum and a few members said they were dropping out of the wetshaver
forum. Man these people take this stuff too seriously. I guess they are really pissed off. Well like a wiseman once told me, better to be pissed off than pissed on.

Cap.
Gramps
Canadian Badass

Post by Gramps »

Tha't right fella's.... confuse us even more LOL

I am getting a real chuckle out of all this... :lol:

This board is the only one with mostly sane 8-[ people on it!!!!

I've been shaving.... oh sh*t, you already know how long and with what....

I just finished reading the NEWsite re: RMWS !!!!! What a bunch of snobs ............ They have turned these techniques into a Religion with the CR guy its' savior.

You should read their opinion of everyone else! "hackers", "uninformed,"
and a few other allusions.... man!!!!! I was looking forward to the production of a DVD with some of their higher points demonstrated, but if this is what happens sniffing products from their retailer and scraping their faces in a "Not using compass points, not against the grain because there isn't grain" manner.... then they can shove their DVD too.

I am glad you guys are SANE!!! Now, where's my Prozac...... :-# ........

Calming down in Canada.... ](*,)

Gramps
~~ Larry ~~
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Post by qed-usa »

BRAVO Gramps, Joel, Todd !!!!!

There is a practical side, and a fun side, to WetShaving. The practical side, of course, is to get the closest, smoothest shave possible. The fun side is every aspect that makes you look forward to shaving. For me, WetShaving rotates around the brush. Without doubt, you remove the brush from WetShaving, and you remove 90% of the fun. I look forward to the soft, sensual feel of my brush, building a luxurious scented lather on my puss.

Badger hair is considered the ideal hair for a shaving brush because it is the softest hair that does not matt when wet, and it has the ability to retain water. Common sense: when you start talking about higher grades of badger hair, you should be speaking about softer hair, not stiffer. The notion of "prickly", porcupine-like hair is in no way connected to the finest badger hair. I believe this notion popped up when some chaps examined those expensive badger brushes they purchased and discovered the hair was not particularly soft. So there seems to be an attempt to change the definition of "silvertip" to fit the hair in these brushes.

Yes, there are different grades of badger hair. "Silvertip" is really not an official grade of hair, but a term used primarily by the British to describe the general appearance of the best grade of badger hair. Badger hair with truly white tips is very difficult, to impossible, to locate. Only the blessing of nature will produce such hair. Consequently, there is more and more bleaching of hair to give it lighter tips.

I could say more ... but I don't want to turn this into an essay.

I have sold many BOAR bristle brushes to men who are very happy with those brushes.

I have sold many PURE badger brushes to men who are very happy with those brushes.

I have sold many higher grade badger hair brushes - including the grade referred to as "silvertip" - to men who are very happy with those brushes.

Oftentimes I think confusion is created by chaps with more money than brains who try to make other chaps believe they can never REALLY enjoy WetShaving unless they own a specific brand of brush, or a specific type or grade of hair. Grown men (adults?) treating some person like he is the guru of shaving, and in the meantime giving up their last gram of common sense, is rather sickening.

Regards,
Charles
Q E D