Who's gonna win?

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Big Swifty

Who's gonna win?

Post by Big Swifty »

Most people think it's a foregone conclusion that the Pats are gonna make history and go 19-0. But there's a chance it might be a good game, in the final week of the regular season the Giants played well against the Pats and came up just 3 points shy. They are 10-1 on the road this year including 3 straight playoff games against Tampa, Dallas and Green Bay. I sure do hope that this years Super Bowl is a good one (but now that I have said that it will probably be a blow-out).

Go G-men!!
(I'm still mad at the Pats for the infamous tuck game in which the Raiders got jacked)
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"
SurfFisherman
Bargain Detector

Post by SurfFisherman »

Yeah, Steve!

Go Big Blue!
Chris G
New York City
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

I'll vote for the Pats. 4 in 7 years and going undefeated would be fun to see although I'm not looking forward to all the greatest team/dynasty debate that would follow if they did win. I guess I'm really voting for a fun game to watch more then anything.
~Jeff

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein
Naughtius Maximus

Post by Naughtius Maximus »

Sorry, I don't follow the high school teams. Lacrosse isn't my game.
73's, Eric

"I solder, therefore I burn myself." - Anon
Scrapyard Ape

Post by Scrapyard Ape »

Naughtius Maximus wrote:Sorry, I don't follow the high school teams. Lacrosse isn't my game.

I've said this before, but it deserves repeating. The Patriots HAVE to win. To go the entire season undefeated only to lose the Super Bowl would shackle them with the label of "one of the biggest chokes in sports history".
~Greg
Bonzo

Post by Bonzo »

Scrapyard Ape is right. If the Pats lose, it will be one of the greatest choke jobs of all time.

I'm looking for a good game too, and as an Eagles fan, I'm not sure if I can root for the G-men.
John

All men, by nature, desire to know - Aristotle
Big Swifty

Post by Big Swifty »

Yes John,
But think of who your Eagles lost to the last time they were in the Super Bowl...
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Eli will pull it off, its in his genes.

Squire
Eastree

Post by Eastree »

Many peole claim that movies have made the prediction. I believe one of these will turn out to be correct:

According to the movie 'Coming to America,' the Giants.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0094898/quotes
{Prince Akeem: Oh sir, the Giants of New York took on the Packers of Green Bay. And in the end, the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big "H". It was a most ripping victory.}

According to I am Legent, the Patriots:
http://www.snopes.com/sports/football/iamlegend.asp
Ernest
TstebinsB

Post by TstebinsB »

There's no secret whom I'm rooting for, as my avatar since I joined SMF has been the Giants logo. With a Pats win, people keep saying "history this, history that" but I think it's a bigger story if the Giants win. Joe Namath's whole career was based on beating the vaunted NFL Colts. If the Giants win, detractors will say the Giants were a fluke, got lucky, etc. I won't be around to listen though because I'll be at the parade! :D

I posted this somewhere else but it's true:
Since Tom Landry (Cowboys), Vince Lombardi (Packers), and Bill Belichick (Patriots) all started out their NFL coaching careers as Giants coaches, it's only appropiate that those teams lose to the Giants in this year's playoffs. Consider it compensation for all the championships your organizations won under those coaches. We have come to collect! To you suffering Cleveland Browns fans, if Romeo Crenel ever wins you a Super Bowl, we'll be expecting payment from you too. However, I don't expect to collect on that one for quite a while.
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

I have no favorites (I'm a Cowboys fan) but I do have mixed emotions. I would love to see Eli match up to Peyton. But I would also love to see the Pats get the perfect season. Regardless, I'll enjoy the game, and I do think that it will be a close game! So for now...Go Tom Petty!

http://blog.mlive.com/grpress/2008/02/w ... alfti.html

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I guess I'm really voting for a fun game to watch more then anything
I second that opinion.

Clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
paperpundit

Post by paperpundit »

I'm hoping for a close game, a good half time show, and good food...

And either way the game goes, it is a great story. Pats go down as the greatest ever or the biggest choke...Giants go down as "just a team that got hot at the end" (anyone remember the 85 Pats), or David slaying the Goliath. Sport doesn't get better than this game.
Jack

"All you need is love, love...love is all you need."
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

I hope they both lose.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
prism

Post by prism »

I'm going with the New York Football Giants, like I have been since 1966!
Make Mine Menthol! Vic
Scrapyard Ape

Post by Scrapyard Ape »

.... and the Pats now take their place next to teams like the 54 Cleveland Indians in the "Huge Season/Choke Finals" Hall of Shame. :P
~Greg
TstebinsB

Post by TstebinsB »

NEW YORK GIANTS!!!!
Super Bowl 42 Champions!!!
Bob

Post by Bob »

I predict the Giants will win, 17-14.
--Bob--
Scrapyard Ape

Post by Scrapyard Ape »

Bob wrote:I predict the Giants will win, 17-14.

:mrgreen:
~Greg
bbqncigars

Post by bbqncigars »

Congrats to the Giants. I think Brady's gonna have bruises and aches for weeks from what the NY defense did to him today.

Wayne
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." A. Brilliant