How hirsute are you?

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).

Do you have hair on your back and how much?

No hair at all.
39%
Spots of hair on shoulders.
16%
On the shoulders and blades.
7%
All over the upper back.
7%
All over.
32%

Total votes: 44

Occam

How hirsute are you?

Post by Occam » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:31 pm

We talk about beards a lot... but how many of us are hirsute?

I'd consider any back hair to be considered hirsute though I don't know if there is a strict definition.

So therefore the poll...

Comments welcome!

Ben

Merkur Futur in Au.

Esoteric83

Post by Esoteric83 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:39 pm

Barely even peach fuzz...My chest is another story but I wear that like a badge of honour =P~

Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:10 pm

All over, but not like that dude above. :shock: :lol:
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."

paperpundit

Post by paperpundit » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:07 am

Not as bad as the guy above...but all over.

Mind you, here in the swamp, body hair and 100-degree temperatures don't mix that well. But its nothing a good trimmer can't handle.
Jack

"All you need is love, love...love is all you need."

Velomane

Post by Velomane » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:25 am

Not like that guy either, but enough to be dubbed Cornelius by a friend of mine. You sci-fi film buffs will get the reference, I trust. As far as I'm concerned, it is a survival mechanism. Todas forecast high is twenty-five below celcius with a northwest wind of twenty gusting to thirty knots.

Mike

Whistler

Post by Whistler » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:37 am

But I am sure Mike, Zira finds you perfectly attractive....
Regards,
Marty
---------------------------------------------------

"Be still! Me mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives."

Cavman

Post by Cavman » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:09 am

I can grow hair anywhere except the top of my head. (not quite as densly as the pictured gentleman)
John

Just smile & wave boys, just smile & wave. (Madagascar)

Bonzo

Post by Bonzo » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:44 am

Pretty hirsute (I love that word). A few hairs on my shoulder blades, mostly on my chest, stomach and legs. My niece teases me that I need to shave my legs.

And like you Esoteric, I wear my chest hair with a badge of honor (t-shirt under my polos? no way!)
John

All men, by nature, desire to know - Aristotle

jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:49 pm

Cavman wrote:I can grow hair anywhere except the top of my head. (not quite as densly as the pictured gentleman)
I am quite the opposite - plenty of growth on top of my head - average growth on my face, minimal growth elsewhere.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?

MiloFinch

Post by MiloFinch » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:01 pm

All over. Not as bad as the guy in the pictures, but still a pretty decent covering, especially on my chest and legs, and believe it or not, my feet too. I actually shave my feet because the tops of them get matted and hurt at end of the day. I'm actually the hairiest guy in my family, which makes me wonder a little about genetics.

The men of my family have no hair on their chest, stomach, or back, minimal beards, and minimal on their legs and arms. My grandfather actually doesn't have any hair except on the top of his head, and that's even starting to go. His legs are so hairless, it looks like he shaves them every day. We tease him every now and then, but its all in good fun.

Seriously though, I'm ridiculously hair, Robin Williams hairy, whilst the rest of my family have the hair growth of a 12 year old girl.
-David
Now go and watch Raiders.

NiksaNovovic

Post by NiksaNovovic » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:11 pm

I am in the same boat as Wendell here. My beard area has moderate growth, but as I a 23 I do expect it to get a little denser. The rest of my body is fairly hair free.

Warmest regards, Niksa

Velomane

Post by Velomane » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:30 pm

Whistler wrote:But I am sure Mike, Zira finds you perfectly attractive....
Oh! So you've met my wife then? :roll:

paperpundit

Post by paperpundit » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:26 pm

David,

While I don't have to shave my feet, I feel your pain about your family. The rest of the men in my family are smooth -- my father hardly has hair on his chest, let alone anywhere else. Then again, he can shave with an electric...hmmm...
Jack

drumana

Post by drumana » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:34 pm

I'm just as hairy, if not more hairy than the guys in those pictures above. . .

. . . :lol: Ha! Juuuust kidding. . .

I'm not such a hairy dude at all. . . the older I get the more random hairs I get on my shoulders though. I just pluck those suckers out . . .
-Andrew-

Scrapyard Ape

Post by Scrapyard Ape » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:49 pm

drumana wrote:I'm just as hairy, if not more hairy than the guys in those pictures above. . .
Maybe we should switch forum names. :P

. . . :lol: Ha! Juuuust kidding. . .
~Greg

MiloFinch

Post by MiloFinch » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:17 am

paperpundit wrote:David,

While I don't have to shave my feet, I feel your pain about your family. The rest of the men in my family are smooth -- my father hardly has hair on his chest, let alone anywhere else. Then again, he can shave with an electric...hmmm...
Yeah, it really isn't that bad. I only have to shave the feet every couple of weeks. They just can't get too long.

BTW, has you're mother ever hinted at a possible accidental switching at birth? Because that's what I'm thinking might have happened.

Seriously though, my parents always said sometimes hairiness can skip generations. Supposedly my great grandfather was ridiculously hairy.
-David
Now go and watch Raiders.

paperpundit

Post by paperpundit » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:05 am

My mom's dad was very, very hairy...Other than that, I look exactly like my hairless brother...
Jack

JP

Post by JP » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:20 pm

I'm no furry bear, but there's enough that if I were on a swim team I would have to be shaved from stem to stern.

alabamalawyer

Post by alabamalawyer » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:42 pm

I can grow hair anywhere except the top of my head. (not quite as densly as the pictured gentleman)
+1. My sides are still holding out but I figure that's just a matter of time till they give in and are overwhelmed. The only positive in my situation is that my HAIRY dad married my naturally red-headed mother. As such I got the hair from him but its very light-colored on my body.
Chris