Fishing Photos

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
southpaw

Post by southpaw »

Nice bait fish guys. So what'd y'all catch with 'em?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blessings,
Michael
Chifunda

Post by Chifunda »

CMur12 wrote:David, that is a fine looking beard! Do you still have it?

- Murray
Murray,

Why, thank you for noticing! :lol:

I trimmed it down to a mustache and goatee about two years ago. I figured if I couldn't own one of those beautiful Simpson Manchurian brushes like Peter has, I'd make my chin look like one. The resemblance is quite remarkable although I'd have to say my bristles are of the "no band" variety.

Only among this group would I admit that the real reason for the beard reduction was so I'd have more area to shave. :wink:
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

I never catch anything but it gets me in the fresh air.

Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.
Chifunda

Post by Chifunda »

A noble pursuit! :wink: =D>
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Nice, Tony, Nice. You look hard at work there!
ScottS

Post by ScottS »

tonyespo wrote:I never catch anything but it gets me in the fresh air.
You look entirely comfortable.
RJ

Post by RJ »

Michael, you are right. The little fishies I posted do look like bait. Here's one a little bigger, although I am not sure it counts since it was not caught with a fly.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

It counts.
Regards,
Squire
Chifunda

Post by Chifunda »

RJ,

If I'd caught that beauty I'd be stopping complete strangers on the street..."Hi there! You don't know me, but I'd like to tell you about my swordfish..."

Very, very nice. :mrgreen:
Chifunda

Post by Chifunda »

My daughter with some early season brookies. Tunkhannock Creek, Pennsylvania. Must have been twenty years ago, but it seems like yesterday.

southpaw

Post by southpaw »

Nice one, RJ! Definitely counts. If it'd been just a little bit bigger, you could have water skied behind it!
Blessings,
Michael
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Those are some healthy Brookies, is Tunkhannock a Spring Creek?
Regards,
Squire
Chifunda

Post by Chifunda »

Squire wrote:Those are some healthy Brookies, is Tunkhannock a Spring Creek?
No, it's a tributary of Tobyhanna Creek in the Poconos. The section we fished, courtesy of a friend, is managed by a private club and holds some beautiful fish. The biggest book trout I ever caught came from the home pool there...five pounds plus. :shock: The sad part was, it was just after ice out and the poor bugger was so cold it was almost like pulling a rubber boot through the water. :cry: Don't how he summoned enough energy to take the fly! :wink:

Biggest bookie I ever saw was taken (not by yours truly) on the Moose River in Maine. A heartbreakingly beautiful fish that tipped the scale at over six pounds. We arrived too late to witness the battle, but by all accounts, it was epic.
RJ

Post by RJ »

While that swordfish makes a good photo, I'd take a day of trout fishing over a night of swordfishing any day. Maybe because I grew up saltwater fishing, but there is something very pure about casting a dry fly.

In my summer between college and law school I was a rafting guide in N. Carolina. The fish there were small but the experience was unbeatable...If only I could still pull off living on $20 a day! Anyway, Brookies were my favorite to catch. Refresh my memory, aren't they actually in the char family, or are they true trout like browns and rainbows?
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

They're a char but the Southern variety is a different gene pool than their Northern cousins.
Regards,
Squire
ScottS

Post by ScottS »

Squire wrote:They're a char but the Southern variety is a different gene pool than their Northern cousins.
They're also the only native among what we consider trout.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

The only native? What about Rainbows, Cutts, Goldens and Apache Greenbacks?
Regards,
Squire
ScottS

Post by ScottS »

Squire wrote:The only native? What about Rainbows, Cutts, Goldens and Apache Greenbacks?
Of course, you're right. I claim brain lapse.
Hraefn

Post by Hraefn »

Those where all nice fish. I have never had the chance to go deep sea fishing. Tried flyfishing once and just about put out my eye. I perfer flathead fishing, gives ya time to relax and think on things. I would have pics to post however they are lost due to hard drive bootitus nonworkitus.
Thus he shewed me: and, behold, the LORD stood upon a wall made by a plumbline, with a plumbline in his hand.