A Practical joke

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
tonyespo
The Goldfather

A Practical joke

Post by tonyespo »

I played a great practical joke today. I got a call yesterday from an old German friend of mine who I haven’t seen since I transferred from BMW to Porsche. His name is Rhyner and he speaks excellent English. Rhyner is a great guy who loves to party and play jokes. He is also 60 years old. Back in the good old days when Rhyner and I would go to dinner and the martini bars we played this game where I would tell the waitress that he couldn’t speak English and I would have to translate for him. I can’t speak a lick of German but I would say stuff that sounded German and Rhyner would nod his head and say something back that I couldn’t understand. Then I would tell the waitress some outlandish things. Well today Rhyner came to the Porsche store and I told him we would play the old joke on my co-workers. They never knew that I could speak fluent German. I introduced Rhyner to my friends and spoke to him in German. They all exclaimed “Tony I didn’t know you could speak German so well”. Rhyner would talk back to me and I would give them a lot of BS about what he was saying. I told Shelia my title clerk that he wanted to take her to dinner and drinks after work. She said “tell him I’m married I can’t do that.” So I talked to Rhyner in German and he answered back and I told Shelia that he said “her husband would never find out.” I told her that he said “she is beautiful and he wants to take her to dinner and buy her a nice gift.” Shelia asked “What kind of nice gift” that’s when I started laughing and Rhyner said in perfect ENGLISH “a new Porsche for a beautiful lady like you”. I though Shelia would kill me. Tonight we are going to the Palm and we will play our trick again.
Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Thats funny. it seem the joke is on her husband.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

Johnnie wrote:Thats funny. it seem the joke is on her husband.
No Johnnie, I have known Shelia and Mitch her husband for 17 years. She would never cheat on him. She just wanted to get an idea of how much of a gift Rhyner thought she was worth.
Go for the GOLD.

RJ

Post by RJ »

That is not a bad practical joke at all. I could not pull it off, because if I tried to pretend I knew another language it would sound like a combination of Spanglish and what you might hear on an old Kung fu movie.

Here are two of the best practical jokes I have seen, both were used on April fools day.

1. My dad called my brother who was in college at the time and told him that his new license plate tag was ready to be picked up at the DMV. This was a joke on both my brother, and the lady at the DMV counter! (There was no new plate)

2. In retaliation - the following year, my dad's lexus happened to be at the shop on April 1 - in Palm Beach which is about 45 minutes to an hour south in traffic. My dad got a call from "lexus" that his car was ready to be picked up. My dad returned his rental car prior to reaching the service desk at the dealer. Imagine his suprise to find out they had no idea what he was talking about!

Either joke is recyclable - at your own risk...
paperpundit

Post by paperpundit »

RJ, you come from a very understanding family...in mine, blood would have been shed!
Jack

"All you need is love, love...love is all you need."
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

Goldfather I hate to tell you but the real joke is what your buddy is saying back to you. Also I wish I could be a fly on the wall when you pull that on someone who speaks German. That would be priceless! :lol:

It is a good joke though. :wink:
--Charlie
AACJ wrote:Two words:

Duct Tape
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

Gatorade wrote:Goldfather I hate to tell you but the real joke is what your buddy is saying back to you. Also I wish I could be a fly on the wall when you pull that on someone who speaks German. That would be priceless! :lol:

It is a good joke though. :wink:
Charlie, this is Tony you're talking to. I would never make that mistake. I ask the person we are pranking if they speak German so they could explain the menu to my friend who ONLY speaks German. When they say NO then the prank begins. In Shelia's case and the folks at my office I know they don't speak German.

Tonight at the Palm we had a great time. We had the waitress believing that he wanted flounder stuffed with pickled pigs feet. Everyone knows that Swine is a pig so when I kept saying swine and he took off one of his shoes it became very believable. We all had a good laugh including the head waiter who was in on the joke.
Go for the GOLD.

Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

tonyespo wrote:Charlie, this is Tony you're talking to. I would never make that mistake. I ask the person we are pranking if they speak German so they could explain the menu to my friend who ONLY speaks German. When they say NO then the prank begins. In Shelia's case and the folks at my office I know they don't speak German.
Nice! I should have realised that you would have the qualifiying skills to make sure it worked. Sometimes those cars don't sell themselves and making the qualifying seemless is a great skill to have.

Once again I am in the presence of greatness! :wink:
--Charlie
AACJ wrote:Two words:

Duct Tape
Bowcephalus

Post by Bowcephalus »

I think I know the guy....Is his first name "Karl"?.......
Big Ren
The Toronto Kid

Post by Big Ren »

Here's some old footage of one of the Goldfather's pranks when he used to work for Audi.

Ren
"What I find ironic is the fact that we can talk wireless to a man on the moon but we can't talk to someone twenty feet away over a hard-wired intercom at a drive-thru!" - Pottydoctor
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

Good one Ren. I never worked for Audi but if I did I would be driving an R8 for my demo, that's a very nice car.
Last edited by tonyespo on Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go for the GOLD.

Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

In college, I went around telling girls in a bar that my friend had broken up with a long-time girlfriend and it was his birthday and he was sullen and if they could just give him a nice kiss, maybe on the lips if it was not too much trouble. Well, an hour later, he comes up to me to tell me he is reeling them in and I can have his throwaways, LOL

Sam