POTD: What pen/pencil are you using today?

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
jthomas60506

Re: POTD: What pen/pencil are you using today?

Post by jthomas60506 »

TWSBI Diamond 580
Attachments
TWSBI Diamond.jpg
TWSBI Diamond.jpg (19.95 KiB) Viewed 3031 times
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Pentel Energel tends to be my go-to for work, etc. Not high end, but it is reliable, and writes well for me ...... even with my poor handwriting skills.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
smoothshaver

Post by smoothshaver »

A teal blue (so I'm told) Parker 21 Super fp with a fine nib, filled with Quink blue-black.
And a blue Parker Reflex ballpoint with a black refill.
-Ed
Gene

Post by Gene »

jww wrote:Pentel Energel tends to be my go-to for work, etc. Not high end, but it is reliable, and writes well for me ...... even with my poor handwriting skills.
I use those, too...my preference is for a finer line - so I get the .5mm needle point.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
smoothshaver

Post by smoothshaver »

I (finally) refilled the teal blue Parker 21 Super fp with more Quink blue-black ink, so that will be put back into use. Also refilled a blue Pilot decimo. And I flushed a few other fountain pens.
My Parker Frontier flighter ballpoint has been seeing a lot of use this week. I've also been carrying a Pilot Prera fp, though not doing much writing with it.
-Ed
brothers

Post by brothers »

Still using the venerable Cross ball point (blue barrel).
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
smoothshaver

Post by smoothshaver »

Since filling, the teal Parker 21 and the blue Pilot decimo have been getting lots of use, as has the Parker Frontier ballpoint.
The stray fp, bp, or gel pen has also found its way from my desk to my hand.
-Ed
smoothshaver

Post by smoothshaver »

today: Parker 21 Super, teal, filled with Parker blue-black ink.
-Ed
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

On the advice of several folks (including some here at SMF), I picked up a Pilot Metropolitan FP. It's written like a dream so far, including switching from the included cartridge to a manual refill with Parker's Black Quink. While my handwriting remains abominable - I give most doctors a run for their money - the pain from the right forearm dystonia has greatly reduced. It's my daily driver now.
Regards,
Mike
smoothshaver

Post by smoothshaver »

maskaggs wrote:On the advice of several folks (including some here at SMF), I picked up a Pilot Metropolitan FP. It's written like a dream so far, including switching from the included cartridge to a manual refill with Parker's Black Quink. While my handwriting remains abominable - I give most doctors a run for their money - the pain from the right forearm dystonia has greatly reduced. It's my daily driver now.
I'm glad to hear you found something that eases your writing. Use it in good health.
I've limited experience with the Pilot Metropolitan, but know people who really like them.
-Ed
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

smoothshaver wrote:
maskaggs wrote:On the advice of several folks (including some here at SMF), I picked up a Pilot Metropolitan FP. It's written like a dream so far, including switching from the included cartridge to a manual refill with Parker's Black Quink. While my handwriting remains abominable - I give most doctors a run for their money - the pain from the right forearm dystonia has greatly reduced. It's my daily driver now.
I'm glad to hear you found something that eases your writing. Use it in good health.
I've limited experience with the Pilot Metropolitan, but know people who really like them.
They're particular good for those of us of <ahem> limited financial means. I was tempted yesterday by a Kaweco Sport but balked at the price: $25 for a rather flimsy-feeling plastic pen was far too much.
Regards,
Mike
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Yes, there's some overpriced flimsy stuff out there. A good fountain pen will last a surprisingly long time though, a lifetime actually.
Regards,
Squire