Wouldn't it be cool if...

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Johnnie
Shave This

Wouldn't it be cool if...

Post by Johnnie »

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a wet shaving convention and all of us could get together once a year and Bull Sh*t. We would be able to meet the people that we speak to. We would be able to see what Charles looks like, and we would also be able to meet the "Canadian Bad Ass." He can have a demo on how to shave with a knife.

Joel can bring his liquor and share it with us. We would have a seperate VIP room where we could hang out, smoke cigars and drink Joel's expensive whiskey. We would bring our favorite music and share it with others. Todd can play his pipes for us. Charles can bring his product so we can purchase it right there. Joel can also bring his collection of guns and guard the VIP room from unwanted people.

We would start off small and it will grow every year. We can have it in different cities every year. 1st year will be here in Los Angeles, 2nd will be in Texas, then head to the Mid West and finally the East Coast.

Now that would be cool! Any other ideas we can fantisize about at our convention?
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
blackgrass
Mandolin Twanger (sans drool)

Post by blackgrass »

Sort of sounds like a he-man woman haters club :P Just kidding! I love women!

It would be pretty cool to be able to go to a place and see all these razors and products all in one place! Not to mention meeting some good people.

Maybe someone could teach a beginners class on straight razors, shaving and honing methods.

We could have a liquor tasting...maybe try out some of the good tea Charles talks about. We could discuss cigars and wines and how to buy quality without breaking the bank.

Maybe hire a barber for the day to give everyone a nice haircut and shave.

Heck...this is starting to sound like a spa weekend for the fellas!
Can you say METROSEXUAL! :lol:
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Hey I never said we can't have women. We can have strippers in the VIP room. :P I like the idea of a barber. Call it what you want, but it would be fun.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Post by qed-usa »

Hey, we could invite the lads from "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" as guest speakers (but no stripping).

Along with Todd and his pipes I could entertain with my rendition of "Blood on the Risers" played with fot sounds from my arm pit.

After we demolish Joel's licker collection we can have Johnnie hold the empties in his mouth by their necks as we fire at them with Joel's gun collection.

We can then show each other our tatoos.

And shall we have an official group song "Gory, gory, what a helluva way to die!"

Only guys can have fun with stupidty. Women can never be the jerks we are!

Charles
Q E D
razor_boy
King Of Hard Soaps

Post by razor_boy »

Hey Guys,

We have been joking about a convention, it dosen't have to be a joke!

A get together would not be that hard to accomplish (the group would be relatively small).

I had a few thoughts to throw out to everyone to get their reaction.

1) Would folks be interested in a get-to-gether?

2) Maybe we should include all of the different forms (ShaveMyFace, StraightRazorPlace, WetShavers, TheWetShavers, ShavingMethod)?

3) The primary focus should be social (Bring wives, girlfriends mistresses). Think of it more as a family reunion.

4) Get a small group to work on it and understand that not everything can be voted on by all members of the forums (we would never be able to come to a descision) and we understand that we can't do something that works for everybody.

Does this sound like it is of interest or should I go sit in the corner?

Paul.
A Peach looks good with lots of fuzz but man's no peach and never was. ~ Burma Shave