the govt has seized all my accounts

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
D.Irving79
The Great Lord Protector of the SE!

the govt has seized all my accounts

Post by D.Irving79 »

and by govt i mean SWMBO :lol:

she switched all the bank accounts, took all the CC #s off paypal, changed the paypal password, etc, etc, ETC.

gentlemen, DO NOT let your ADs get to this point :P :P :P

ill be back soon.
texasPI
Inspector of Beards

Post by texasPI »

Man, this calls for a revolution! Gentlemen, gather your arms!
Erik

"Work like you don't need money,
love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like no one is watching."
Aurora Greenway
Zach

Post by Zach »

Dave, are you embellishing this somewhat?
She essentially cut you off of credit completely?
D.Irving79

Post by D.Irving79 »

she didnt TECHNICALLY cut off my credit. she just did what she could to keep me off of ebay. until i start tapping into my noggin, so far it seems it may have worked.
Zach

Post by Zach »

I'm not going to make fun of you here, Dave; I'm very old school (and old world) and so for me, this is a MYOB kind of a thing.

But I will ask you this:

What would Don Draper do?
You think he'd let Betty get away with this?
Hoos

Post by Hoos »

Ouch, Dave! Sorry to hear that.

It also leads me to wonder why there isn't more of a razor swap movement going on. Along the lines of "I'll trade you two Superspeeds for an Aristocrat" kind of thing. You can't be the only guy facing the grim weeper.

As a single guy, there are times I wish someone was watching my wallet, though.

You may appreciate it in the long run.
Brent
Tondeo ergo sum.
Zach

Post by Zach »

Brent, did you see this sweet, sweet razor kit on the bay?
This is probably the sweetest Ever Ready kit I have ever seen in my entire life, bar none. My tooth hurts now.
D.Irving79

Post by D.Irving79 »

brent, it is a weight off my shoulders in a way, but it still sucks. not having appropriate self control is a pain in the ass.

zach, thanks for kicking me while im down with that link. its STILL on my watch list as we speak :x

:lol:
JimR

Post by JimR »

Dave, I don't know you, and I hope you don't take this as any kind of criticism, but I've been thinking myself...That man spends a LOT on razors. I can't say as I'm surprised by your lady's reaction. ;)

Personally, if it weren't for my wife, I'd be so far in debt that I'd never see daylight again, so ask yourself..."Did she just do me a huge favor, or what?"
paperpundit

Post by paperpundit »

Here's the plan. Get that small garden hoe we were talking about and start honing it...
Jack

"All you need is love, love...love is all you need."
Gene

Post by Gene »

JimR wrote:Dave, I don't know you, and I hope you don't take this as any kind of criticism, but I've been thinking myself...That man spends a LOT on razors. I can't say as I'm surprised by your lady's reaction. ;)

Personally, if it weren't for my wife, I'd be so far in debt that I'd never see daylight again, so ask yourself..."Did she just do me a huge favor, or what?"
Well, since we're all coming clean - my mother told my soon to be wife that even if I had a million dollars in the bank I would be in debt.

That turned out not to be true, but I have been tempted to carry more debt than is appropriate - with my wife watching over me.

Married 28 years, last Friday was the 28th anniversary.

*edit* Dave - you could tell her it's less expensive than that cocaine/hooker habit you just kicked!
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
MadAussie

Post by MadAussie »

Yay! More of the rest of us!!

ahem. Not that I'm taking advantage of the poor mans situation or anything. It would be so wrong to.. OOH SHINY!
-- Stu, the mad Australian living in Virginia :: Come on you Irons!! WHUFC --
- Honed on the grave stone of Bruce Lee -
Zach

Post by Zach »

Dave, buddy, kicking you?
Heck no!

I'm playfully teasing you, but in my typical New Yorker (jerk, yes?) way!

All kidding aside, you give the word and the top you'd spend on it and I'm all over it for you buddy.
I'll re-ship it to a 'safe' place for you or you can pick it up in Manhattan. The wife won't notice it amongst the rest, one of the benefits of AD.

We're all in this together, Dave, and a man is never taller than when he stoops down to help a fellow wet shaver!

Living up to my potential,

Zach

P.S.

Totally serious about buying it for you; it's soooo sweet, and shiny too! How many of these do you think exist in the world, and who deserves it more than you, buddy?

Dave, will they make me smoke a turd in Purgatory for this? Good thing I'm not Catholic, right???
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Hey, your Boosters is on the way. LOL
D.Irving79

Post by D.Irving79 »

you people are HILLARIOUS :lol: :lol:

but also, some of what you say makes total sense as well. we are nowhere near hurting for $$, but she has a way of being butt-->coal-->diamond tight w/ the money, and usually for good reason(s).

zach - theres a valet auto strop set exactly like that up right now.

double frick.
Zach

Post by Zach »

I don't own any razor with a proprietary (currently unavailable) blade; I'm very ignorant of Valet, Rolls, and Wilkinson (the 7 day wedge blade type) razors. Which one should I buy? I don't want the Ever Ready kit (even though that travel soap and the container alone are enticing to me) so what would you get? I read a Bryce post about the Valet that says to me "don't bother".
D.Irving79

Post by D.Irving79 »

well, if its a proprietary blade you want, id say start with a rolls.
GollyMrScience

Post by GollyMrScience »

Take a look at the neat kit I just posted in the razor and blade forum. Way cool.
-Tom-

What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!!

Wet Shaving Missionary - "Have you been shaved?"
D.Irving79

Post by D.Irving79 »

just saw it :(

update: i am now referring to my situation as: FINANCIAL CIRCUMCISION
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

D.Irving79 wrote:just saw it :(

update: i am now referring to my situation as: FINANCIAL CIRCUMCISION
Oof! The very thought is painful! :shock:

Yeah, Dave, I feel for ya!