Ok, hot women... how about hot bbq?

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Holy crap! :shock: You're a real carnivore. I enjoy meat but not as much as you. I will occasionally bar-b-q a steak and hot dogs. Since I am mexican I try to bar-b- beans but for some reason I am never able to. They always fall through the grill. :lol: Actually i enjot bar-b-qing shish kebob's. :P
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

I am amazed Joel! I am a big meat eater and can certainly appreciate a fine cut of beef. Wow...very nice setup.

Vince
Last edited by VinceFX on Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:::Vince:::
rschul2

Post by rschul2 »

Ok boys, for the science lesson of the day, Chris is right...the bacteria to worry about is E. coli O157:H7. Just to let you know, it is not as common as one might think. For example, there are at least 200 variants of the "O" group and over 10 "H" groups. That means there is at least 200 X 10 possibilities or over 2000 variants. This is not a problem for steak as E. coli is found in the intestinal tracts of animals. This organism does not grow in the muscle, and therefore it is not as great of a concern to make sure that a steak is cooked all the way through. As for ground-up hamburger meat. This is a conglomerate of all sorts of beef stuff and as such, could have some intestine in it, and consequently it is very important for ground meat to be cooked at the proper temperature and time to prevent the consumption of live E. coli O157:H7.
Randy
english_barber
Robert from the Gentleman's Shop

Post by english_barber »

Joel not a vegetarian then!

Regards, Robert ( carnivore )
Charlotte & Robert Johnston
www.gentlemans-shop.com
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Post by qed-usa »

Joel, put out a plate for me, I'll be right over. Make that a very large plate. I'm not worried about any Ecoli or getting hit by lightening. But please, no girl friend, when I eat I really go at it and I wouldn't want to accidently gross-out the young lady. Besides, I want to concentrate on the food. I just hope you don't expect me to show up with any table manners. However, I will bring one of my more expensive jug wines (the $9.95/gal stuff). I'm one sophisticated chap, you see. Charles QED
blackgrass
Mandolin Twanger (sans drool)

Post by blackgrass »

Joel,
Man, that looks great. I have been sick with the flu since last Friday and today is my first day back at work. I haven't had any appetite for days but these pics have rekindled that fire! I was about to give you some hell for calling some of those dishes BBQ and not grilled but I see you redeemed yourself with the pulled pork and ribs! :P
I live in the south and BBQ is almost a religion. One of my favorite local joints has had several first place finishes at the Memphis in May BBQ contest for their whole hog and ribs. But....the top of my list of local places is this hole-in-the-wall restaurant that has rib dinners with two sides for $8 and 40 oz. beers for $3! They have a great spicy sauce and like most of the BBQ places in this part of the country serve about half a loaf of wonder bread with each dinner.
I have one of those cheap little Brinkman smokers that does a passable job but I have been eyeing those egg smokers for a while! They look pretty cool. One of the best dishes I smoked was some pheasant that I shot out in Colorado. I used some apple wood from the back yard and it gave those birds a great flavor. Thanks for the pics!
Ben
blackgrass
Mandolin Twanger (sans drool)

Post by blackgrass »

Joel,
I live in Arkansas and have been duck hunting since I was 9. When I lived out in Colorado guys used to laugh at me cause I would go duck hunting when they were all going to the high country for elk and mule deer. I would love to get out to CA sometime to shoot birds. Nothing like duck hunting with a mountain backdrop....although a flight of mallards with wings cupped in the flooded timber is a pretty sight as well!

I have had duck cooked about every way possible growing up...some good some bad. My favorite way to cook them is to filet the breast meat and soak in salt water overnight changing the saltwater a few times. Then wash them off and put them in some marinade for the day. When you get home in the evening cut each breast into long strips and wrap each one around a slice of fresh jalapeno and then wrap that with bacon. Grill over coals till the bacon is cooked and your ready to eat!
My mom would always just cut them up....salt and pepper them...roll them in flour and fry them in a little oil. The fried duck fingers would be served with biscuits and gravy and wild rice on the side. That wasn't bad eating either! :P
Ben
mark the shoeshine boy

Post by mark the shoeshine boy »

now them thar pictures are mighty impressive...looks like that boy has got the hang of that Green Egg...it sure is a might fancy cookin machine...myself i have a Wee-ber...call me sometime on the phone while i am cooking, especially when my good buddy Emer comes over, and I'll tell you that "wee-ber cooking and had a few beers today"...i also have a couple of those choker smokers......and I'm tellin you them things can smoke ribs so good that the dawgs ain't go no chance at any bones...

this ol southeast missourian went to california once, and some guy could tell by my accent, that I wasn't a Cowl-ee-for-ion...he asked me in his soft high pitched voice if i like to hunt and fish...and of course i do...asked me if I liked "duck Meat"...well of course i do...he told me just to duck under here and get you a big mouth&%#@*!....handful I did...and his voice cracked even higher...he was a little shorter than i was, but as I held him aginst the wall, we saw eye to eye, and we had ourselves a little understanding....

i couldn't resist that..

mark the shoeshine boy
SHAVE AND A HAIRCUT...WAIT A SECOND WHAT ABOUT A SHOESHINE, TOO ????
tigert

Post by tigert »

Wow those pictures are really making me hungry, being from Texas I of course appreciate a good BBQ. I'll have to take some pictures of my texas sized smoker and bbq pit setup :)
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

Oh, lord, Joel, if you knew what your pictures did for me just now -- they saved my day. It's 4:23 p.m., snowing and 20 degrees out, it's been a very difficult day -- dealing with difficult people, that is -- I'm feeling squinty-eyed and greasy-faced, and I was actually looking forward to having leftover pizza. But now I'll leave in about seven minutes, go home and clean up, then head for Smoky Bones and a combo platter of whatever and a glass or two or three of Killian's.

Dave T