Weird Dreams

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
baldchin

Weird Dreams

Post by baldchin »

Sometimes when I dream, it seems I don't know what I'm doing and I'm watching my self doing it. A bit disturbing. Now I'm often accompanied in these dreams by cats rubbing up against my legs with stiff tails and (I think) purring. The cats are definitely alive but for some reason have the appearance of being knitted from varying shades of green wool. The cats aren't threatening - rather the opposite, I'm not even a cat person.

I mean who thinks this stuff up, you think they'd get it right. Anyway these aren't so much nightmares, as just a bit uncomfortable. Usually the alarm-clock wakens me.

Anyone else have aregular pattern to their dreaming ?
Will

If it's smokin' it's cookin', when it's black it's done.
ssilcox

Post by ssilcox »

My regular pattern dream is about aliens. So your dream aint got nothin to my wierd dreams :lol:

In my dream I look up in the sky at the stars. I stay that way for a while, then all of the sudden the stars start moving. They start flying around and one in particular gets brighter, and closer, and closer, until it is hovering over my back yard. The rest of the dream changes, sometimes humans are rounded up and put in camps, other times I am being chased all over.

I'd take knitted kittens any day. :lol:
“Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory.”
Timpac

Post by Timpac »

Any of the symbolism stand out to you in any way? Stiff tails you mention? Green wool? What are they accompanying you to? sounds interesting, so I ask
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

A doctor once told me that everyone dreams every night. You just don't remember most of them.

Thirty years ago I had a strange dream. It was very, very funny. It was so funny I woke myself up laughing. That had never happened to me before, nor since.

It was so funny, I got out of bed and wrote down what the dream was, so that I would recall such a humorous dream the next morning.

That morning I read what I had written down, and as I recall it said, "I step off the curb and cross the street."

What's so funny about that? I haven't any idea! But it sure was humorous at the time!
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
baldchin

Post by baldchin »

Timpac wrote:Any of the symbolism stand out to you in any way? Stiff tails you mention? Green wool? What are they accompanying you to? sounds interesting, so I ask
I'm not sure - I think the stiff tails is a sort of contentment thing. The cats aren't going anywhere the seem to be companions or a comforting presence. They seem to turn up while I'm watching myself. Green wool - who knows - warm socks maybe? I'm not fond of cats although I don't really dislike them either.
Will

DEF

Post by DEF »

That's so weird. In my dream, I'm knitting the cats.
Doug
John 5

Post by John 5 »

This has got to be one of the coolest dreams I've ever heard of. I wish I had them.
Timpac

Post by Timpac »

well, it was worth a shot asking a few questions, but that's still pretty interesting. dreams are just too much fun.
DEF

Post by DEF »

I've experienced "lucid dreaming" a couple of times -- acheiving awareness that one is dreaming within a dream. I was having a classic "five minutes to class and just getting out of bed" dream, when I stopped and realized, "Since I'm dreaming all this anyway, I'll just dream that I'm already in class." Magically, the environment morphed into the classroom, but then the dream ended abruptly. Still, it was pretty cool for the moment it lasted.
Doug
JohnP
Hookahman

Post by JohnP »

I've had weird dreams from time to time, but they don't make any sense.

The most frightening ones are not when I myself an pursued or killed or whatever, but when I myself fear I have done something horrible...and when I wake it is a relief. Thankfully these do not happen often! I also hate the dreams where everything that can possibly go well for me does...only to wake up into reality. ....

But that's life.

John P.
TorzJohnson

Post by TorzJohnson »

I have a couple of recurring motifs to my dreams. The kind that fascinate me the most are mainly concerned with suddenly finding myself among huge aquarium tanks, with strange and disturbing inhabitants. These dreams clearly originated in a passage I read in a novel called "The Color out of Time" by Michael Shea, many years ago:

"It was a sensation one might have if, walking in a public aquarium between bright tanks on a sunny Sunday, he suddenly found the light growing less, the tanks vaster, dimmer, with ever more gigantic submarine brutes swooping near the glass. The way steepens, and narrows, and the gay crowd grows haggard, dark, becomes a throng of mad-eyed, infernal victims, while immense multibrachiate shapes - shell-encrusted, big as ships - boil and writhe against the puny glass."
Jim

shill999

Post by shill999 »

ssilcox wrote:My regular pattern dream is about aliens. So your dream aint got nothin to my wierd dreams :lol:

In my dream I look up in the sky at the stars. I stay that way for a while, then all of the sudden the stars start moving. They start flying around and one in particular gets brighter, and closer, and closer, until it is hovering over my back yard. The rest of the dream changes, sometimes humans are rounded up and put in camps, other times I am being chased all over.

Are you sure it's a dream, and you weren't abducted by these aliens? :P
shill999

Post by shill999 »

ssilcox wrote:My regular pattern dream is about aliens. So your dream aint got nothin to my wierd dreams :lol:

Are you sure it's a dream, and you weren't abducted by these aliens? :P
baldchin

Post by baldchin »

ssilcox wrote:
I'd only let you have one if Doug agrees and you can promise to give it good home :D
Will

Zach

Post by Zach »

DEF wrote:I've experienced "lucid dreaming" a couple of times -- achieving awareness that one is dreaming within a dream.
I have not done this since I had kids, but before that, I would lucid dream all the time. And every time, I would do the same thing: take to the sky.
I know exactly what it would be like to fly.
I would use the World Trade Center as a landmark for being back in the NY area. I'm not sure why I'm sharing this. :shock:
Jukkie

Post by Jukkie »

I dream about water and fish a lot.

Sometimes I also get the ability to make myself float. I wouldn't call it flying, it's more like just making myself lighter than the air.

I've been able to breath underwater a few times also.
Adeptus_Minor

Post by Adeptus_Minor »

DEF wrote:I've experienced "lucid dreaming" a couple of times -- acheiving awareness that one is dreaming within a dream. I was having a classic "five minutes to class and just getting out of bed" dream, when I stopped and realized, "Since I'm dreaming all this anyway, I'll just dream that I'm already in class." Magically, the environment morphed into the classroom, but then the dream ended abruptly. Still, it was pretty cool for the moment it lasted.
That seems to be my experience the few times I've achieved lucid dreaming.
Something about forcing my will onto the dream pattern always seems to break it. Not only does the dream end but it usually wakes me up.
A chin / Where barbed wire / Bristles stand / Is bound to be / A no ma'ams land / Burma-Shave
Timpac

Post by Timpac »

There's tricks out there to maintain lucid dreaming states, which is kinda cool but sounds like a lot of work. That being said, I'm fairly certain most of it is based on meditation techniques, so nothing too freaky. lol.
StGeorge
I'm not worthy

Post by StGeorge »

I dreamt once that I was shaving using a Merkur blade, actually it wasn't a dream it was a nightmare.
Tony

667....neighbour of the beast.
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

Anybody hear of Stephen Laberge?

http://www.lucidity.com/