Colonoscopy

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Cavman

Post by Cavman »

I suppose this is something else they are going to hit me with here soon. I have seen the doctor more, & had more tests in the last month than I have had all together in the last 30 years. I have never had the prostate exam either.
John

Just smile & wave boys, just smile & wave. (Madagascar)
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

Straight Arrow is right, as well as the others gents, get it done! It's really nothing to be afraid of. I've had two of them plus a sigmoidoscopy.
Note: If given a choice, get the colonoscopy, not the sigmoidoscopy. For the sigmoidoscopy they did not put me under, I was awake for the whole thing. That was not only painful,....:shock: but you're farting out compressed air for several hours afterwards!.... :whistle:
Regards,
David
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Two colons and one sig. I swear they used butt grease for that and it was hard to get rid of. But the benefits outweigh the minor issues that go with this, and I do try to take the docs recommendations to heart. Dentist, well, maybe not as often for a tooth cleaning, no excuse, just that I don't have issues. Glasses, at least every three years examined, more like two or so.
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

I just got the scanned image of the procedure from my doctor and thought y'all might be interested in it:
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

mantic wrote:I just got the scanned image of the procedure from my doctor and thought y'all might be interested in it:
That is scary... :lol:
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
sgtrecon212

Post by sgtrecon212 »

I'm soon to be in your shoes... I just turned 50....
Steve
______
Go Cubbies
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

John, Yes, no doubt. It's quite the rage in certain circles these days....including here I see. Afterwards you'll be able to join right in with the hip crowd. Bah!...they pestered me for years about this, but, guess what?....right....they weren't willing to pay for it, and since I couldn't that was kind of that. There were a couple more tests they were hot to do as well, but, same deal. Unfortunate, but until we get a more civilized health system going here, there was nothing to be done. I finally got the whole deal done last year because my son's surgery FINALLY pushed the figure beyond the outrageous deductable, thus making this stuff doable. I'm not a fan of 'medical procedures' but this one was pretty mellow. As others have mentioned, the lead up was the unpleasant part. The procedure itself was a breeze. Thank goodness they put you under today though, years ago, they didn't and that might not have been so jolly.
Regards,
Gordon
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

I just set up a blog post explaining what's going on and what I experienced. BTW the doctor did remove some polyps and sent them away for analysis. I'll know the results next week.
Furrball2

Post by Furrball2 »

Um, prostate, there is no R.

There is nothing light about GoLytely!

(sorry, doctor joke)
Pen: Namiki
Razor: Merkur (Vision 2000) now 38C
Blades: Feather
Brush: Muhle-Pimsel silvertip
SureFire Executive Defender
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

mantic wrote:BTW the doctor did remove some polyps and sent them away for analysis. I'll know the results next week.
Benign. *whew*
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Glad to hear it, Mark.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

Always nice to get that report, but I think the doctors have a pretty good idea from looking whether a polyp is the nasty kind. Some will tell you they think everything's OK, others will wait for the report. Good to hear!
Jim
a-cut-above

Post by a-cut-above »

Always glad to get good news when the topic is cancer.
Guys, gents, fellow wetshavers: please don't avoid getting "scoped" or getting prostate checks. As stated above, whatever "unpleasantness" you may be imagining, it is nothing compared to what you will experience from chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and surgery. I see this stuff every day.

If that is not enough to encourage you, how about this: if you are on most chemo agents, you may not be able to shave with a razor. (You probably will feel like s--t and not be able to shave anyway.) You will have to forego wetshaving! :shock:

There, if that's not enough of an incentive and warning, what is?
Dave

"Sanity is a madness put to good use." - George Santayana (…like a wet shaver with an acquisition disorder.)
Straight Arrow

Post by Straight Arrow »

Great to hear the report of "benign" Mantic. And I'm very glad this thread has stimulated discussion and raised awareness.
Rich
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Mantic, it's good to read that they were benign.
I think they might want you to get a colonoscopy more often now that you did have some polyps.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
illini1963

Post by illini1963 »

Right about that!

It'll be every 5 years from now on.

Joel
never2close

Post by never2close »

Unlike many posters on this thread I have this sign on my butt:

a-cut-above

Post by a-cut-above »

Relevant medical joke:

Patient, leaning over exam table, about to get prostate/rectal exam: "Doc, I really don't like this."

Doctor, snapping glove on and inserting finger: "I know. But what you should worry about is if I start liking this."
Dave

"Sanity is a madness put to good use." - George Santayana (…like a wet shaver with an acquisition disorder.)
Blades

Post by Blades »

If your over 40, you need one. I am alive cause the colonsocopy found pre-cancerous polyps. Another few months and I would have had cancer.
They pulled my colon out, and I have been doing well for 3.5 years now.
GET IT DONE!!
The drugs are the best part. Well worth the "trip".

Jason
sgtrecon212

Post by sgtrecon212 »

My day is the 9th of December... It's tough gettin' old!
Steve
______
Go Cubbies