What's your current favorite beer?

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

What's your current favorite beer?

Post by Chris »

I'm currently loving the Sam Adams Black Lager...very good. Their Cream Stout is also fantastic. I've been switching off between those and Anchor's "Old Foghorn" Barleywine, which is fantastico. What are you chaps drinking?
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Hello All,

Favorite is Shiner Bock, from Shiner TX. Followed closely by Boddington Ale and Old Speckled Hen, both from the UK.

Cheers and Bottoms Up!

Richard
Plano TX
Up the Road from Shiner
razor_boy
King Of Hard Soaps

Post by razor_boy »

I too really like Shiner Bock as well as Mississippi Mud.

Paul.
A Peach looks good with lots of fuzz but man's no peach and never was. ~ Burma Shave
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Boddingtons here all the way!

Guiness is a close second.

Vince
:::Vince:::
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

Wow...you folks are a fan of all things British, eh? I must admit I am a big fan of the British stouts in a draught can. Young's double chocolate stout is fantastic...if you can get it, I highly recommend it.
blackgrass
Mandolin Twanger (sans drool)

Post by blackgrass »

I really enjoy a nice Paulaner Hefe-Weizen but I have been watching my girlish figure and drinking Miller Lite :evil:
rschul2

Post by rschul2 »

I gotta say that my favorite beer is Guinness, but as far as domestic beers, I like Yuengling ale. I think it is brewed in somewhere in Pennsylvania. As far as local microbreweries here in Louisiana, Dixie's Blackened Voodoo and Abita Wheat are tops on the list.
Randy
AceHarddrive

Post by AceHarddrive »

Right now I'm partial to A & W!

~Tim :wink:
emsplace
Owner of emsplace.com

Post by emsplace »

Hi all,

I am a Milwaukee's Best Light fan! I know, not very up-scale or elaborate, but works for me. I look forward to "beer thirty".

Not going to tell you which hour that is: beer thirty = x:30 pm :-)

Have to have something to look forward to, right?
Em
Em's Place, Vendor
blackgrass
Mandolin Twanger (sans drool)

Post by blackgrass »

I am a Milwaukee's Best Light fan!
Ah! The Beast...we used to drink that all the time when I was in school. I moved out west and started drinking Olympia Beer. They came in those little fat brown bottles and my brother and I would have about 6 each stuffed in the backs of our fishing vest for a afternoon on the river. I'm pretty sure Olympia went out of business....too bad. Some days cheap beer just taste so good!
emsplace
Owner of emsplace.com

Post by emsplace »

Yes Blackgrass,

Agree, cheap beer can taste so good and I remember Olympia beer. And when I'm in a pricy mode will go for the micro beers. We have a lot of micro brewery's here in Oregon.

Nothing like enjoying a "Terminator" or "Hammer Head" when the mood strikes. They also provide more powerful mood altering (aka getting drunk) than the light stuff. Yeah ha...
Em
Em's Place, Vendor
tigert

Post by tigert »

Another shiner bock fan here, actually I like most all the shiner beers, blonde, winter brew, summer stock, hefeweizen.. they're all great. Boddingtons and Guinness are pretty good too.

Those are pretty much the only beers I drink with the exception of a few local microbrews. I won't touch a budweiser, keystone, nasty light, etc with a ten foot pole, luckily here in Texas everywhere you go sells shiner. :D
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

Another vote for Shiner Bock. Unfortunately, we don't get it here in West Virginia. I have to depend on the kindness of friends to bring it back from their travels.

Dave t
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

I am currently VERY fond of Smithwick's Irish Ale. It's made by Guiness, and goes down very smoothly. Full of flavor, but not heavy. Very refreshing!
jdtx3302

Post by jdtx3302 »

Tigert, Have you tried the St. Arnold's brewery line of beers, I believe they are located in Houston. The ones I have tried have been very good quality.
Justin
Texas
tigert

Post by tigert »

jdtx3302 wrote:Tigert, Have you tried the St. Arnold's brewery line of beers, I believe they are located in Houston. The ones I have tried have been very good quality.
Yeah st arnold is one of the local microbrews I drink, they make some very good beers. Their brewery is pretty close to where I live too so I've been on the tour a few times where they give you free beers :D

All of their beers are pretty good but I like their brown ale and the oktoberfest beer the best, their bock is good too but I prefer shiner bock.
jdtx3302

Post by jdtx3302 »

Yes, I recently tried the Spring Bock and it was very good, but not as good as Shiner.
Justin
Texas
Dragon, Interrupted

Post by Dragon, Interrupted »

I've gotta say, Old Milwaukee is pretty good. MGD is next on the list.

Now, Guinness Extra Stout . . . that is some good stuff. But I think it can seem bitter cold, so I prefer it room temp. After all, there must be some reason they drink it that way in the old country. But alas, it is too expensive to drink very often. :(

~James
ARenaissanceMan

Post by ARenaissanceMan »

Natty Light!

Thought I'd pass this along to the afficinado's. I recently found out, to my excitement, that my local Whole Foods carries local and international beers. I hadn't been able to find a 4 pint of Boddington's anywhere until now as my local stores only carry American swill i.e. Bud, Miller, Coors, and the sort. Hope this is of use to some.
stbdtack

Post by stbdtack »

1. Bitburger Pils -- Germany

2. Fuller's ESB (Extra Special Bitter) -- England

I only drink beer in the country of origin. In my opinion 99.9% of American made beer is, well, insipid swill. Wild Goose Oatmeal Stout is tolerable but I prefer wine at home.
--Pat Thayer
Living well is the best revenge.