Nascar

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
crazykev

Nascar

Post by crazykev »

Hello Guys, I was wondering if there is any nascar fans in here? The Daytona 500 is this Sunday. I'm a big nascar fan have been to 5 nascar races, three Daytona 500's. I was there the year Dale Earnhardt won.

Kevin
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Hey Kev,

I am not a Nascar fan but I went to the Firecracker 400 in Daytona. I think thats what its called. It was in 1995. I had no idea what was going on. All I know is that it was hot as hell.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
blackgrass
Mandolin Twanger (sans drool)

Post by blackgrass »

Funny.....I could care less about most sports as well. I do like the occasional pugilist match though.
Ben
english_barber
Robert from the Gentleman's Shop

Post by english_barber »

Kev,

We are all F1 fan's here in Hungeford. Williams BMW are based just north of the town and I can count many of the team as customers. Hopefully they will give Ferrari a run for their money this year...

Regards, Robert
Charlotte & Robert Johnston
www.gentlemans-shop.com
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Hello Robert,

I, too, am an F1 fan. Wow, you are so fortunate to have Williams just to your north. With a few freebies to the team members, they might provide you with a "perpetual" pit pass to their facility just to ooh and ahh the cars.

And yes, hopefully, Williams will give Ferrari a run at the championship this year. One of my favorite F1 drivers has always been Nigel Mansell. I think the chap is living in Florida these days.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano, Texas, USA
Big Smoke

Post by Big Smoke »

Kev,
I'm a HUGE NASCAR fan. Go Dale jr.!! 8) I haven't been to a race in several years, but I watch everyone I can on TV and I belong to a NASCAR fantasy league.
I've been to Dover, Richmond, and Talledega in the past, but not for several years.
jdtx3302

Post by jdtx3302 »

I live 5 minutes from Texas Motor Speedway. The big race is this weekend and I will have to fight traffic just to get out of my apartments. I have never been to a race but I am planning on going. I heard that once you go to a race you get hooked.
Justin
Texas
honkdonker

Post by honkdonker »

Yes, being to a race live is an experience that cannot be replicated on TV, where Nascar can look boring.

I have taken a number of non racing fans to live races, and after attending, they have become regulars. Something about the noise, and the speed, and the crashes...