Bacon is one of the ingredients:

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

Bacon is one of the ingredients:

Post by brothers »

Go to the grocery store and buy an enormous bag full of jalapeno peppers, a few blocks of cream cheese, and a couple pounds of bacon.

Cut the peppers in half lengthwise, take a spoon and remove the seeds and gills inside and then use another spoon to fill it with cream cheese. Cut the strips of bacon into 3 even pieces and wrap them in a spiral around the pepper with cream cheese in it. Put them on foil on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for about half an hour, but make sure to keep an eye on it until the bacon's done to suit you.

Some guys always want to get creative. Of course if you have a favorite hot sauce you can mix a little or a lot in the cream cheese before you use it. I saw a guy once put some shrimp in there with the cream cheese, and cook them on a grill instead of in the oven. But you get the general idea. Sometimes people call them "Poppers", but that's up to you.

There's some kind of mojo going on with the bacon and the jalapenos.

Edit: Forgot to say, get some beer too, or wine, or Jack Daniels, because you are going to need something to cool it down with.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Big Swifty

Post by Big Swifty »

Gary,
The snack you are describing is a very popular Item on the BBQ and smoking forum I visit. They are called ABT's or "Atomic Buffalo Turds". I mix in some leftover barbecue chicken or pork with the cream cheese mixture and depending on how Atomic you want them some of the pepper's seeds. I love these things. 8)
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"
brothers

Post by brothers »

I'll have to remember that name!

Hopefully other guys will come and post their own bacon-featuring recipes for snacks or what have you.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I'll have to give this a whirl :lol:

thanks

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Scrapyard Ape

Re: Bacon is one of the ingredients:

Post by Scrapyard Ape »

brothers wrote:...you are going to need something to cool it down with.

There is no such thing as too much bacon. 8)
~Greg
never2close

Post by never2close »

Big Swifty wrote:Gary,
The snack you are describing is a very popular Item on the BBQ and smoking forum I visit. They are called ABT's or "Atomic Buffalo Turds". I mix in some leftover barbecue chicken or pork with the cream cheese mixture and depending on how Atomic you want them some of the pepper's seeds. I love these things. 8)
In Texas we're a bit more sensitive since we typically don't eat crap, so we call it: piments avec du bacon et fromage a la creme.
Last edited by never2close on Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

piments avec du bacon et fromage a la creme.
=D> :D :lol: =D>
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

never2close wrote:
Big Swifty wrote:Gary,
In Texas we're a bit more sensitive since we typically don't eat crap, so we call it: piments avec du bacon et fromage a la creme.
When I was in Texas, a place I always enjoy both for the folks and the food, the Texan I mentioned that put shrimp in his, just called them poppers. :lol:
Gary

Gene

Post by Gene »

Well, when I think of poppers I think of the peppers, filled with cheese and deep fried.

Yum! (and, of course, right in line with that fine Southern tradition of deep frying everything. Why, I've even had fried macaroni and cheese...another fantastic appetizer!)
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
brothers

Post by brothers »

Deep frying is an excellent option. I'll mention it to my wife next time we start planning a batch of poppers.
Gary