HIDs

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
chrisisconnorsdad

HIDs

Post by chrisisconnorsdad »

Don't know what happened but the post I was replying to was deleted. Here was the response:

Brightness has nothing to do with blinding others on the road. It all has to do with whether the lights are adjusted (position, not output) correctly. A dim bulb can seem like the "brights" are on if aimed incorrectly.

On the HIDs, they operate on a color spectrum that is easier for you eyes to see. This makes them appear to light up things better when in fact your eyes can simply process the color better in low light. Yellow (nonHID) headlights have a similar effect (and used to be seen on many race cars) but law enforcement doesn't take so kindly to them.

All that being said, even if they are in your price range, I don't believe they are legal to obtain aftermarket anymore, unless your car at one time came equipped with them at some time. Last I tried the means to obtain them for my car were unsavory and expensive. They are usually only available for ~2000-2006 luxury cars.
Chris
------------
I step out of the shower, steaming up the place
Wipe off the mirror, shave my baby face
Can't help but smile, hey what can I say
I got my game on
-Trace Adkins