Flask?

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
blackgrass
Mandolin Twanger (sans drool)

Flask?

Post by blackgrass »

I have a couple of flask...one of them is pewter and the other is stainless steel. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you are supposed to leave liquor in a pewter flask for an extended period of time. Do you know if a stainless flask is safe to keep liquor in for a week or so?
rschul2

Post by rschul2 »

You can store liquor in a stainless steel flask, but I wouldn't recommend it. Over time the taste of the liquor will be effected by the stainless steel. As far as temporary storage...go ahead...but I wouldn't go more than 2 days. Im not really sure how pewter will effect the liquor, but the liquor will affect the pewter. Pewter (mugs, steins, etc.) should be filled with your favorite beverage and over night the flavor of your beverage will "season" the pewter. This will make the pewter the optimum beverage holder for your particular liquor of choice. That pewter container should then be only used for the particular beverage that you seasoned it with. Hope this helps.
Randy
tequilero79

Post by tequilero79 »

I have a stainless steel flask that I keep in my coat pocket all the time in case of emergencies :lol: . The bourbon that I have in there has been there for almost three weeks now and it still tastes the same as when I pour it out the glass bottle. I've had bourbon in there for several months once, and the flavor never changed, or at least no change that I noticed.
Just to make sure, I just took a swig right now and it still tastes as good as ever. I’ll keep trying through out the day and report back if I notice any changes he,he :P .

Respectfully,

Schubert
blackgrass
Mandolin Twanger (sans drool)

Post by blackgrass »

Well....pass that flask this way and let me see if I can taste a difference! :P
Flask Quality Control Officer signing out!
Ben