Baseball and Perfect Games

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
stagger

Post by stagger »

Jason- I never saw it written anywhere that team managers have to throw temper tantrums like a bratty kid. Disgraces both the team and the sport. That's about all I have to say bout that. Feel free to disagree.
Regards,
Mark -
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Throwing tantrums is a time-honored tradition for baseball managers. Didn't seem to keep Leo Durocher from sticking around in what was presumably a better-mannered era. Most every big league manager I can think of has had a meltdown from time to time, and certainly that call is worthy of one if any call is. I'm not particularly fond of managers with hot tempers, and those who routinely toss bases normally don't stick around long. Still, I don't think you'd have much luck connecting the dots between baseball managers pitching a fit and whatever widespread lack of manners or respect exists among today's youth.

Regards,
Last edited by TRBeck on Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
Baloosh

Post by Baloosh »

stagger wrote:Jason- I never saw it written anywhere that team managers have to throw temper tantrums like a bratty kid. Disgraces both the team and the sport. That's about all I have to say bout that. Feel free to disagree.
That is very true (about that not being written anywhere.) In my opinion the lack of any external passion in such a situation is the disgrace to the sport. Different people handle their passions and responsibilities in different ways. Complacency and self-righteousness, disguised as maturity or "gentlemanly behavior" is the true downfall of our society.

Note that I am *not* specifically addressing you with that last comment -- it's simply an opinion on the "politically correct" hyper-sensitivity that has infected our country.
Jason