How old are you? A demographic poll

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).

How old are you?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:52 am

15-20
2%
21-30
9%
31-40
24%
41-50
26%
51-60
27%
61-70
10%
70+
2%
I'm a vampire
1%

Total votes: 127

siouxsie

How old are you? A demographic poll

Post by siouxsie »

Just wondering what the average age is here. It seems an older and wiser demo here than elsewhere. No need to fess up, just click and run.
~Scott
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Six decades and counting.
Regards,
Squire
Leisureguy

Post by Leisureguy »

I'm the first 70+! :)
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

There's a lot of us baby boomers!

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

I wonder what percentage of North American traditional wetshavers are old enough to remember a father using a safety razor or perhaps (like me) a grandfather using a straight.
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Old enough to have seen the original new wave punk bands at the The Camden Theatre (aka The Music Machine, and these days, Koko). Believe me, the new wave wasn't that fantastic in the London of the mid 1970's. I still preferred that which had gone before.
The Kings Road might have been where the punks had their photos taken, but Camden was where their bands performed. Either way, I had more time for the Greek Cypriot restaurants of Camden, the Irish pubs of the same, and for BBC Radio 3, which in those days broadcast some real music.

52, by the way, and my father used a DE all his life, and both my grandfathers used straights.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

I'm 58, and I've read that my birth year, 1951, was the most prolific of the Baby Boom. :)

My formative teen years were in the 1960s, I graduated from high school in 1970, and I will have my 40-year high school reunion next month.

My father always shaved with a Gillette DE and canned foam. I learned on a Schick Injector and Noxzema canned foam, both of which I think were my mother's recommendations for an easier start and better protection for young skin.

- Murray
Esoteric83

Post by Esoteric83 »

27 8)
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

CMur12 wrote:I'm 58, and I've read that my birth year, 1951, was the most prolific of the Baby Boom. :)
Murray, I don't think that's right. I've read often that the births were a bell curve, and that the peak year was 1957.
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
wayne06

Post by wayne06 »

GA Russell wrote:I wonder what percentage of North American traditional wetshavers are old enough to remember a father using a safety razor or perhaps (like me) a grandfather using a straight.
I do!!! I remember my father using a straight and then switching over to a safety razor. My grandfather always used a straight til his death in 1961.
Wayne...Semper Fi!
wayne06

Post by wayne06 »

By the way, I'm 66.
Wayne...Semper Fi!
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

im 57 and remember my dad shaving with a superspeed or a rolls

dont remember what my grandparents used but i do remember seeing
them come out of the bathroom with weepers and little tiny pieces of toliet paper all over there faces

marc
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

I'm an even 60. My father was using a Rolls when I started shaving and I followed suit. After many (pardon the pun) hairy moments I was given a Fat Boy. I used Fat Boys (on #3) until I fell from grace and succumbed to the carts. Going through my late Great Aunts estate about 8 years ago I came across my Great Uncle's late 30'e Tech. I was back on track.

Regards,

Bill
Don't think......shave.
DEF

Post by DEF »

I'm 41. My son is 9, and I asked him a while back, "So, are you going to mow the yard for me in a few years when you're bigger?" He answered, "Yeah, Dad. You're 40, and your limbs are shot."

I remember pretend-shaving with my dad's Gillette gold TTO -- sans blade, of course.
Doug
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

Forty-five next Monday.
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
siouxsie

Post by siouxsie »

drmoss_ca wrote:Old enough to have seen the original new wave punk bands at the The Camden Theatre (aka The Music Machine, and these days, Koko). Believe me, the new wave wasn't that fantastic in the London of the mid 1970's. I still preferred that which had gone before.
The Kings Road might have been where the punks had their photos taken, but Camden was where their bands performed. Either way, I had more time for the Greek Cypriot restaurants of Camden, the Irish pubs of the same, and for BBC Radio 3, which in those days broadcast some real music.

52, by the way, and my father used a DE all his life, and both my grandfathers used straights.

Chris
That must have been very cool. SatB were influenced to start a band by the Pistols, Wire were an influence. They were not a punk band themselves. Siouxsie played the last show of her last tour at Koko.
~Scott
Bonzo

Post by Bonzo »

25!
John

All men, by nature, desire to know - Aristotle
Paddywhacked

Post by Paddywhacked »

22 years old.
Eric
kronos9

Post by kronos9 »

My standard reply:

I'm old enough to remember when Saturday Night Live was funny.

Going to sharpen some knives now...
Ed
siouxsie

Post by siouxsie »

For the record, I'm 40. Just old enough to barely remember my pops and grandpops using DE razors and blades and not old enough to remember anything but carts on the shelves. But then again, for most of my life shaving was a chore because I didn't know how to do it right or what equipment was best.
~Scott