Gin-soaked raisins

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

rustyblade wrote:I always thought gin was known as a panty remover. I don't think arthritis and panty removal is something I want to witness at the same time however.
If it also alleviates arthritis, then everything's OK.

Sort of. :wink:
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Richard I believe the correct term is 'liquid panty remover' and Vodka works as well.
Regards,
Squire
fatcity

Post by fatcity »

My dad uses the gin soaked raisins trick for back pain. Eats 10 or 12 each morning before his stretching exercises. He claims it works. Has been doing it for probably 20 years.
HH
95%

Post by 95% »

He sounds like a man after my own heart.
Porter
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

Squire wrote:Richard I believe the correct term is 'liquid panty remover' and Vodka works as well.
...or Scotch or Rum or Bourbon or Hai Karate...
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
a-cut-above

Post by a-cut-above »

Gin soaked raisins + cod liver oil + tumeric + green tea + oatmeal + blueberries + soy protein +...... If all these "health" additives came out at the same time it would have been toxic, or caused mass starvation from refusing to eat. Then again, gin soaked raisins (or my mother's tea + brandy for the flu....can you imagine looking forward to getting sick!) would have been consumed in great quantities to kill the taste of the other s--t.
P.S. there is a reason gin soaked olives have been around so long!
Dave

"Sanity is a madness put to good use." - George Santayana (…like a wet shaver with an acquisition disorder.)
changabang

Post by changabang »

95% wrote:Richard, the time will come when panty removal is far from the top of your agenda. Getting into your own pants will be a slow and deliberate process. You won't shop at Wal-Mart any more, because what you need is invariably in the far corner of the store, three football fields away. You'll buy a six-pack of bottled water because a twelve-pack is too heavy to carry. You will address every woman under 50 as "Dear" because she looks so young. The youngsters in your family will buy you Scott Joplin records because they think that's the music of your youth, and your doctor will start using the word "geriatric" with disturbing frequency.
Oh pshaw, Porter. You CAN'T be THAT old! RB is a naughty man, though. 8)
James Nicks
changabang

Post by changabang »

And, oh yeah, you'll never catch me soaking MY raisins in gin. (And I'm probably close to Porter's age.)
James Nicks
95%

Post by 95% »

I've been eating the required 9 gin-soaked raisins each day for a week and don't notice any difference. It's just an old wives' tale, and a waste of gin!
Porter
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

95% wrote:I've been eating the required 9 gin-soaked raisins each day for a week and don't notice any difference. It's just an old wives' tale, and a waste of gin!
Gin that has gone down your throat, even by unorthodox means, cannot be said to be truly wasted.

Given enough gin and enough time, you might become truly wasted - but that's a different story. :wink: