Online Tea Shops

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
water

Online Tea Shops

Post by water »

Anyone have a favourite?

I have ordered from Special Teas and Upton Teas. My preference is Upton, but I would like to find a couple more that offer nice blends.

Re: Online Tea Shops

Post by Julius_Rodman »

water wrote:Anyone have a favourite?

I have ordered from Special Teas and Upton Teas. My preference is Upton, but I would like to find a couple more that offer nice blends.

My work colleagues buy my quality tea from Chinatown shops for half the price of online, and 1/3 the price they would charge me if I bought it.

------------------------

Kent
MadAussie

Post by MadAussie »

special teas is my go to.

there is http://www.sevencups.com/ but its more expensive and I dont perceive the extra quality over special teas.

my wife loves special teas Parisienne Soiree I drink a lot of east friesian broken blend..

what kind of blends are you looking for?
-- Stu, the mad Australian living in Virginia :: Come on you Irons!! WHUFC --
- Honed on the grave stone of Bruce Lee -
merkri

Post by merkri »

I regularly order from Upton Tea (which was already mentioned), and TeaSource (http://www.teasource.com/), which is a shop in the Twin Cities that I visit whenever I can, and used to buy from regularly when I lived there. Both are pretty reasonably priced. I think Upton Tea has a better selection, and has a better online store, but TeaSource has some teas that you can't purchase anywhere else, especially some that they stock for a limited time. I think TeaSource makes most of its money as a brick-and-mortar store, so that's probably why their online presence is a bit more minimalistic. I highly recommend either, though.
water

Post by water »

I have no real specific requirements when looking at blends, other than I do not want anything added that is not from a tea leaf. By that, I mean no flowers, ginger, vanilla, etc. (with the exception of Earl Grey, I suppose).

In general, I prefer Indian to Chinese tea. And I am a big fan of Ceylons. There are a couple of interesting offerings at the teasource.com web site, so I may look into that one.

Post by stanmog »

http://www.hibiki-an.com/

Reasonable prices, fast shipping, excellent teas.

Regards, Stan
changabang

Post by changabang »

Specialteas.com is one of the best for variety and quality. Their "Emperor's Red" is extraterrestrial.
James Nicks