Disturbing News :(

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
95%

Post by 95% »

I'd say to Mark that he shouldn't sweat it. He'll be fine. I had a heart attack at age 33 and have more than doubled my age since then. A recent catheterization indicated significant calcification of the coronary arteries, but also significant collateral circulation developed over the years to compensate for the arteries damaged in my heart attack. I'm still going strong and ain't ready for the rockin' chair yet.

Our bodies have been perfected by 500 million years of vertebrate evolution to survive. They're like an engine that wants to keep running, even if a mechanic says they're on the verge of breakdown. Physicians should always be respected, but they are trained to err on the side of caution. Therefore they are almost always more pessimistic than they should be.
Porter
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

Marc, I'm hoping for the best. Prayers to you and your family and the doctors....
“Time just seems to get quicker. You look in the mirror in the morning and you think, ‘I’m already shaving again!’” - Terry Jones of Monty Python's Flying Circus
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Mark,

I know what you are going through. I'm sure if anything was imminent that they would have done something right away. I had a heart attack on Feb. 6th. I had a stent put in and I'm doing fine. You will learn to exercise for the rest of your life and I'm living proof of that! Eating habits and the like are in order as well.

Hang in there my friend. All will be well!

Regards,

Bill
Don't think......shave.
JohnP
Hookahman

Post by JohnP »

Mark,
you have them.

John P.
stagger

Post by stagger »

MaxP wrote:Mark-

I unknowingly had a very mild heart attack 4 years ago. As a followup I have a stent in one of my coronary arteries.

With modest exercise and some diet modification, my health is excellent and unrestricted.

All my best.
Thank you for the encouragement Max :)
Regards,
Mark -
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

Mark - hope all goes well!
Good shaving,

Gary
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

Here's to hoping and praying for good results. I won't say "Don't worry" because you will anyway, but know we're all rooting for you.
Regards,
Mike