English Royalty

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).

What do you think of the English royal family?

I think, while silly, they are cute, and after all they are my/the Royals.
10%
They are irrelevant, and their titles are a bit insulting
44%
I'd rather pay attention to (insert actor/sports figure here) because he/she/they entertain me.
2%
If I see one more show about the wedding of Diana I'm going to do my best Guy Fawkes impersonation.
5%
I think they are wonderful and an important part of England's history.
29%
KNOCK IT OFF YOU STUPID YANK, YOU JUST DON'T GET IT SO LEAVE IT ALONE!
10%

Total votes: 41

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Wedding was excellent.......for a second or two i almost felt bad about being single but then my daily match dot com email arrived with a bunch of lovely prospects and that was that :lol: :lol:

clive

ps, i really feel sorry for any gent getting married this year......his bride will certainly have a benchmark in mind!!
de gustibus non est disputandum
Scrapyard Ape

Post by Scrapyard Ape »

fallingwickets wrote:... but then my daily match dot com email arrived with a bunch of lovely prospects and that was that :lol: :lol:
For once, I'm at a loss for words.(except for saying that I'm at a loss for words) :wink:
~Greg
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

^^^ :shock:
de gustibus non est disputandum
paddy

Post by paddy »

re: kate middleton. i definitely would.

but only if wills could watch
Remember: this is all just wasted time and lives talking nonsense to strangers about pieces of metal, hair and chemical compounds.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I wonder how many times the bride will be mentioned before this thread is out.
Regards,
Squire
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

Pippa.
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

Thalay Sagar wrote:Pippa.
Pippa indeed.
Jim
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Wot? My wife? What are you suggesting?

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Araner

Post by Araner »

Thalay Sagar wrote:Pippa.
Nice! :D
DEF

Post by DEF »

I just read online that Pippa Middleton's butt has its own Facebook fan page.

I tried to establish a Facebook page for my butt once, but the profile photo exceeded upload allowances. (Ba-dum CRASH!)
Doug
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Never thought of you as two-faced, Doug.
Ron
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

The contraction/diminutive "Pippa" of the forename "Philippa" has certain connotations of class in the UK. But, you might say, since it seems that how you brush your hair or tie your laces has similar import, why should one care? U and non-U are still abroad. Is it a lavatory or a toilet? Do you leave the hanging free end of the toilet paper/bathroom tissue at the front or at the back of the roll? Do you sit on a settee, sofa or couch, and do you do so in the living room, lounge, drawing room, front room, back room, parlour or what? Be quick, now. You are being judged, and once made the judgement is permanent. Even the fact of whether you care about these things or not can be used for or against you.
My wife is a Philippa-Anne, and is known as Pippa. Yes, she has attended a garden party at Buck House. Now she's stuck with me in the colonies. If only there were an emoticon for evil laughter....

Chris
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Chap

Post by Chap »

Late to the party but hey ho.

I like them, both personally (as much as one can without meeting them) and as a concept. An apolitical head of state is a good idea, and our Queeny does a superb job. I think Charles will settle in and become less outspoken once crowned (I am certain he will take it up). People making it out to be a life of luxury seem to miss, deliberately perhaps, that the Queen has her diary booked for months, if not years in advance, besides Bruce Forsythe, I cant think of a harder working pensioner.

I think the hereditary aspect is really no different than any family firm passing the business down, there are plenty of places you will never get to be, I am fine with this.

Having said that, I wouldn't bow to them, I don't think they are better than me, nor anyone else.

If that is not enough, the Crown estates are currently the landlords to GFT off Jermyn Street, so we all have at least one thing we like about them.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

drmoss_ca wrote:.... If only there were an emoticon for evil laughter....

Chris
You mean like this ---> :twisted: ??
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
jtpca

Post by jtpca »

paddy wrote:re: kate middleton. i definitely would.

but only if wills could watch
Thalay Sagar wrote:
Pippa.
Both are hotter than a $6 pistol in a jailbreak.

:shock:
Jason

There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know. - Truman
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Seem to be stuck in a time-warp: Jacqueline Bisset, 1968, "Bullitt." That's my idea of royalty.
Ron
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

drmoss_ca wrote:The contraction/diminutive "Pippa" of the forename "Philippa" has certain connotations of class in the UK. But, you might say, since it seems that how you brush your hair or tie your laces has similar import, why should one care? U and non-U are still abroad. Is it a lavatory or a toilet? Do you leave the hanging free end of the toilet paper/bathroom tissue at the front or at the back of the roll? Do you sit on a settee, sofa or couch, and do you do so in the living room, lounge, drawing room, front room, back room, parlour or what? Be quick, now. You are being judged, and once made the judgement is permanent. Even the fact of whether you care about these things or not can be used for or against you.
My wife is a Philippa-Anne, and is known as Pippa. Yes, she has attended a garden party at Buck House. Now she's stuck with me in the colonies. If only there were an emoticon for evil laughter....

Chris
I'm an oik, born and raised, from a town notoriously on the anti royalist side in the civil war. We sat on a settee in the lounge. Until needing to go to the toilet, anyway.

I hang the roll with the end of the paper away from the wall. I need to know if this fits my upbringing, or do I need to switch orientation? :wink:
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

I too am curious what my vocabulary says about me. Care to tell us Chris?
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

You think I would know? :wink:
There must have been a reason why they transported me to the colonies.

Chris
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

DEF wrote:I just read online that Pippa Middleton's butt has its own Facebook fan page.
Here you go!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pippa-Mid ... 0471735513
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed