Proper Disposal of Lawn Equipment

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
JayTrek

Proper Disposal of Lawn Equipment

Post by JayTrek »

Gentlemen...

I have some gas powered lawn equipment that has...met their demise...for a lack of a better term.

I have replaced those items and do not need them anymore.

How is the best way to get rid of them? You wouldn't just leave it out with the garbage would you?
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

You can set it aside on the curb with a sign, free to someone who wants it
Seems handymen love to go around and grab stuff, use for parts, and I would do it when you know there are yardsales around
Could take it to Goodwill, Salvation Army, Paralyzed Vets of America, to see if they can make use of it (resale, train people to repair, etc)
function

Post by function »

In most populated areas leaving it out is just fine. Scrappers will come by and take it away and only the plastic will end up in a landfill.
Nick

Give me Lavender or give me death.
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

I took my lawnmower to a metal recycler, I got 7 bucks for it. If I had taken it to the landfill, it would have cost 10 bucks to get rid of.
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
river1

Post by river1 »

List it on Craig's List with pictures and indicate for parts or needs repair. Price it accordingly.
Nothing will be accomplished if first all objections must be overcome...
brothers

Post by brothers »

In our area, they pick up "big trash" the first of the month. We put things like lawn equipment, appliances, furniture, etc., out by the curb as Sam suggests, and invariably before the city trucks come by on the way to the landfill, it's already gone. It avoids going into the landfill, and someone else benefits from it.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444