Anyone interested in taking surveys?

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
GA Russell

Anyone interested in taking surveys?

Post by GA Russell »

I enjoy taking surveys and letting companies know what I think abut their products.

You may recall that I received a sample of the Dorco Pace6 shaving system a couple of months ago. For that I got paid a couple of bucks and got to try out something I was curious about.

One outfit I take surveys for is called My View. They are looking for referrals to take surveys.

If you are interested, PM me your email address and I will pass it along to them. Don't worry, they are not a spam generator. (For all of my surveys, I use my hotmail address, so nobody knows my real email address anyway.)
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
xXClockwork

Post by xXClockwork »

pm sent!
Jesse

2 Corinthians 5:21
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

I signed you up Jesse. You should get an invitation soon.
Fitness
Lijun badger
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Oddly, no. I receive several e-mail invitations a day to complete surveys for cash. As an 'umble family doc they can be worth $25-100 (I understand my wife gets offers far higher and she does fill them in to put the money towards Pippa's Place. The thing that has burnt me is the sheer cleverness of the pollsters who work for the drug companies. They start with some 'qualifying questions' to see if you are eligible for the survey. You answer around six questions, then they tell you that they are sorry but you are not qualified to take the survey, using some excuse such as your practice isn't in the right area. Eventually you realise after this has happened enough times that the 'qualifying questions' are the survey and no one is ever going to make a penny from doing this. It makes me feel that I have been robbed of information that I was agreeing to sell. So these days I never respond unless there is an unsubscribe link. I'm just waiting for the time when my wife realises that they are doing the same to her....

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

That's interesting, Chris. The surveys I get offer between 50 cents and two dollars. The qualifying questions are the same each time regarding industry of employment, income range, marital status and state of residence. Most of the surveys I do are with Only Cash Surveys, who always say that they are deleting my answers whenever I don't qualify for the survey. I always figure I don't qualify because of my income or age.

Perhaps you are offered so much money because you are a doctor and yours are medical-related surveys?

In this case with the My View people, they are offering 68 cents for each referral. I figure that will buy me one 7 O'Clock black!
Fitness
Lijun badger
wenestvedt

Post by wenestvedt »

I bailed on MyView two years ago when it got too hard to make them pay...on the rare occasions that I actually "qualified" for a survey. (Like Dr. Chris, I work in IT and so I was offered tons of surveys but somehow never quiiiiite made the cut.)

- Will
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

wenestvedt wrote:I bailed on MyView two years ago when it got too hard to make them pay.
Uh oh, that's not good. I am new to My View and have not yet reached the point where they need to pay me. Well, wish me luck, I guess. I have not had trouble with anyone else paying me, although with one I routinely have to wait five weeks.
Fitness
Lijun badger
hexdump

Post by hexdump »

drmoss_ca wrote:Oddly, no. I receive several e-mail invitations a day to complete surveys for cash. As an 'umble family doc they can be worth $25-100 (I understand my wife gets offers far higher and she does fill them in to put the money towards Pippa's Place. The thing that has burnt me is the sheer cleverness of the pollsters who work for the drug companies. They start with some 'qualifying questions' to see if you are eligible for the survey. You answer around six questions, then they tell you that they are sorry but you are not qualified to take the survey, using some excuse such as your practice isn't in the right area. Eventually you realise after this has happened enough times that the 'qualifying questions' are the survey and no one is ever going to make a penny from doing this. It makes me feel that I have been robbed of information that I was agreeing to sell. So these days I never respond unless there is an unsubscribe link. I'm just waiting for the time when my wife realises that they are doing the same to her....

Chris
Hear, hear. Exactly my experiences. I bailed out.
George aka Hex
GA Russell

Re: Anyone interested in taking surveys?

Post by GA Russell »

Since we last discussed surveys, I have enjoyed dealing with a political pollster called YouGov. From time to time I will see their polls in the morning paper.

I don't know if they are interested in the opinions of anyone other than Americans, but if you would like to tell the pollsters and the candidates what you think, here you go...

https://today.yougov.com/refer/vENhUDFr ... ceid=51521
Fitness
Lijun badger
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

The only surveys I take these days are for Aeroplan, Air Canada's frequent flyer program. I get anywhere between 25 and 100 miles for each survey they send me. I rarely get booted out, and when I do, they still give me 25 miles for my time. Seems like a fair gig to me.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

Well Wendell, you live in Ottawa, so I guess a hundred miles might get you halfway to Toronto!
Fitness
Lijun badger
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

In the investment business, I get several invitations a week to complete some survey or another, usually entering me in a drawing for a $100 gift certificate or something. I delete all of those emails. There are industry magazines that want you to provide information regularly so your subscription won't "expire." I haven't given them any information in 20 years and, amazingly, the magazines keep coming.
Jim
ThePossum

Re:

Post by ThePossum »

drmoss_ca wrote:Oddly, no. I receive several e-mail invitations a day to complete surveys for cash. As an 'umble family doc they can be worth $25-100 (I understand my wife gets offers far higher and she does fill them in to put the money towards Pippa's Place. The thing that has burnt me is the sheer cleverness of the pollsters who work for the drug companies. They start with some 'qualifying questions' to see if you are eligible for the survey. You answer around six questions, then they tell you that they are sorry but you are not qualified to take the survey, using some excuse such as your practice isn't in the right area. Eventually you realise after this has happened enough times that the 'qualifying questions' are the survey and no one is ever going to make a penny from doing this. It makes me feel that I have been robbed of information that I was agreeing to sell. So these days I never respond unless there is an unsubscribe link. I'm just waiting for the time when my wife realises that they are doing the same to her....

Chris
Chris,

My hat is off to you and your wife for involvement in Pippa's Place. So nice to see someone picking up and helping just one segment of the world's society truly in need.
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

GA Russell wrote:Since we last discussed surveys, I have enjoyed dealing with a political pollster called YouGov. From time to time I will see their polls in the morning paper.

I don't know if they are interested in the opinions of anyone other than Americans, but if you would like to tell the pollsters and the candidates what you think, here you go...

YouGov is again looking for people willing to be polled on American politics.

https://today.yougov.com/refer/vENhUDFrzT74zDPru1KNNQ/
Fitness
Lijun badger
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

GA Russell wrote:
GA Russell wrote:Since we last discussed surveys, I have enjoyed dealing with a political pollster called YouGov. From time to time I will see their polls in the morning paper.

YouGov is again looking for people willing to be polled on American politics.

And now again YouGov is looking for American government poll takers.

Fitness
Lijun badger
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

We are frequently solicited by phone or on-line to complete a poll/survey and are quite fed-up with it. As our 13th Prime Minister, John Diefenbaker (Dief the Chief), so succinctly put it, "...dogs know best what to do with polls".
Bryan
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

Here is another polling company, called SmartLabs. I have found their polls to be rarely more than five questions.

https://smartlab.mrcommunities.com/bri/ ... 4258_REFER
Fitness
Lijun badger