Tonyespo

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
sgtrecon212

Tonyespo

Post by sgtrecon212 »

Have I missed something... Where is tonyespo?
Steve
______
Go Cubbies
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Tony resigned as a mod and disappeared shortly after his retirement. Perhaps he grew a beard!

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Rob

Post by Rob »

I've been wondering the same thing, Steve.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

drmoss_ca wrote:Tony resigned as a mod and disappeared shortly after his retirement. Perhaps he grew a beard!

Chris
:lol:

I sure miss his posts. Last time I saw something from Tony, it included a picture of him on a John Deere tractor in his "back 40" - which actually was probably his "front 1 or 2" I think.

The notion of retirement -- and leaving the forum -- frightens me just a tad. What would one do with one's time????? Um -- I think I would find things to fill it up. :wink:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

My retirement plans are simple. I'll keep working until the kid graduates from medical school then he can support me.
Regards,
Squire
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Tony is doing fine. We exchange emails almost daily. I think working that 40 acres of bottom land is more than he dreamed...............

I will pass your sentiments on and see if we can get him in here for a response.

Regards,

Bill
Don't think......shave.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Give him my regards Bill.
Regards,
Squire
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Squire, I'm working on getting him to join in on this conversation. Standby to standby!

Regards,

Bill
Don't think......shave.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Trumperman wrote:Squire, I'm working on getting him to join in on this conversation. Standby to standby!

Regards,

Bill
Standing by to standby on standby, er, yeah, right ...... hopin he jumps back in.
Wendell

Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

This just in from the Goldfather:

Will do Bill. I will get on the Internet later this evening. Is there a topic I should be aware of???? I'll just say hello and let everyone know I'm still alive and doing well.

Thanks,
TE
Don't think......shave.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Trumperman wrote:This just in from the Goldfather:

Will do Bill. I will get on the Internet later this evening. Is there a topic I should be aware of???? I'll just say hello and let everyone know I'm still alive and doing well.

Thanks,
TE
Nice.
Wendell

tonyespo
The Goldfather

I don't have a beard

Post by tonyespo »

OK, Bill I'm posting to prove that I'm alive and well. Guys thanks for wondering about me. When I retired and moved to Deep Run, NC I found some new interest. I have 8 acres of land that I take care of. I have a John Deere 950 diesel tractor with a bush hog, finish mower, box blade and disc plow. I belong to a couple of tractor forums, I belong to a Facebook group, I have taught myself to play acoustic guitar. I belong to a great guitar forum called Chordie. I have built a couple of Cigar Box guitars. I belong to a cigar box guitar forum. I also play the Dulcimer. I belong to two dulcimer forums. I have started using Ubuntu Liinux as my OS for my computers. I belong to a Linux forum.

As you can see a lot has happened in my life since I no longer work 60+ hours a week. I still wet shave DAILY. I have been using the Gillette 1947 Super Speed almost exclusively. I own 3 1947's now. They are the ones without the notch. I was born in 1947 so I have a passion for everything that is as old as I am. I pulled one of my old tricks and bought a NEW as in BRAND NEW 1947 SS on Ebay. Some of you may have been bidding on it. I bid $1000 to gurantee that I would win the auction. I paid less than $100 for it. I still use Knize and Floris 89 when the occassion calls for them. I don't miss Charlotte at all. I love the REDNECK Deep Run life.

I will continue to drop in and check out SMF from time to time.

Bill, thanks for the invite. Keep the jokes and emails coming.

TE
Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Squire wrote:My retirement plans are simple. I'll keep working until the kid graduates from medical school then he can support me.
Squire, I wouldn't count on it; I've five children and I'm hoping that at least one of them will support me in the manner to which I'm accustomed...still waiting.
jww
Woolly Bully

Re: I don't have a beard

Post by jww »

tonyespo wrote:OK, Bill I'm posting to prove that I'm alive and well. Guys thanks for wondering about me. When I retired and moved to Deep Run, NC I found some new interest. I have 8 acres of land that I take care of. I have a John Deere 950 diesel tractor with a bush hog, finish mower, box blade and disc plow. I belong to a couple of tractor forums, I belong to a Facebook group, I have taught myself to play acoustic guitar. I belong to a great guitar forum called Chordie. I have built a couple of Cigar Box guitars. I belong to a cigar box guitar forum. I also play the Dulcimer. I belong to two dulcimer forums. I have started using Ubuntu Liinux as my OS for my computers. I belong to a Linux forum.

As you can see a lot has happened in my life since I no longer work 60+ hours a week. I still wet shave DAILY. I have been using the Gillette 1947 Super Speed almost exclusively. I own 3 1947's now. They are the ones without the notch. I was born in 1947 so I have a passion for everything that is as old as I am. I pulled one of my old tricks and bought a NEW as in BRAND NEW 1947 SS on Ebay. Some of you may have been bidding on it. I bid $1000 to gurantee that I would win the auction. I paid less than $100 for it. I still use Knize and Floris 89 when the occassion calls for them. I don't miss Charlotte at all. I love the REDNECK Deep Run life.

I will continue to drop in and check out SMF from time to time.

Bill, thanks for the invite. Keep the jokes and emails coming.

TE
Thanks for the update, Tony.

What -- guitar and farming forums over SMF? What is this world coming to????? 8)
Wendell

brothers

Post by brothers »

Tony, it sonds like you're enjoying and making the most of your retirement. Good for you!
Last edited by brothers on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Gone native apparently, least he's still shaving.
Regards,
Squire
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Hey Tony, good to see your post. I miss that 'gold' smile of yours in the threads.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Tony, it's great to hear from you. At leat now we know you weren't banned! :P

What an amazing collection of new interests in active development! It sounds like you're leading a full and most rewarding retirement.

Live long and enjoy it -

- Murray
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Facebook

Post by tonyespo »

If anyone here is also on Facebook I'm on there as member name tonyespo No surprise there. I will be happy to friend you if you send me a friend request. I am co-sponsor of a group on FB called MWHS Classes of the 60's It's a group of people who went to Monroe Woodbury High School in New York from 1960 to 1969. In other words it a group of old farts like ME who remember the Good Ol Days. I visit Facebook at least once a day.
Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Tony, good to see you. What's more important is that you're still using K10.
Regards,
Jani