Tonyespo

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
User avatar
sgtrecon212
Posts: 1170
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:46 pm
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Tonyespo

Post by sgtrecon212 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:32 pm

Have I missed something... Where is tonyespo?
Steve
______
Go Cubbies

User avatar
drmoss_ca
Admin
Posts: 9529
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:39 pm

Post by drmoss_ca » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:26 am

Tony resigned as a mod and disappeared shortly after his retirement. Perhaps he grew a beard!

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace

Rob

Post by Rob » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:31 am

I've been wondering the same thing, Steve.

User avatar
jww
Woolly Bully
Posts: 10924
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:49 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post by jww » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:50 am

drmoss_ca wrote:Tony resigned as a mod and disappeared shortly after his retirement. Perhaps he grew a beard!

Chris
:lol:

I sure miss his posts. Last time I saw something from Tony, it included a picture of him on a John Deere tractor in his "back 40" - which actually was probably his "front 1 or 2" I think.

The notion of retirement -- and leaving the forum -- frightens me just a tad. What would one do with one's time????? Um -- I think I would find things to fill it up. :wink:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?

User avatar
Squire
Squadron Leader
Posts: 18970
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: North East, MS

Post by Squire » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:31 am

My retirement plans are simple. I'll keep working until the kid graduates from medical school then he can support me.
Regards,
Squire

User avatar
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire
Posts: 2899
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:17 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Post by Trumperman » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:52 am

Tony is doing fine. We exchange emails almost daily. I think working that 40 acres of bottom land is more than he dreamed...............

I will pass your sentiments on and see if we can get him in here for a response.


Regards,

Bill
Don't think......shave.

User avatar
Squire
Squadron Leader
Posts: 18970
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: North East, MS

Post by Squire » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:55 am

Give him my regards Bill.
Regards,
Squire

User avatar
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire
Posts: 2899
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:17 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Post by Trumperman » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:56 am

Squire, I'm working on getting him to join in on this conversation. Standby to standby!



Regards,


Bill
Don't think......shave.

User avatar
jww
Woolly Bully
Posts: 10924
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:49 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post by jww » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:59 pm

Trumperman wrote:Squire, I'm working on getting him to join in on this conversation. Standby to standby!



Regards,


Bill
Standing by to standby on standby, er, yeah, right ...... hopin he jumps back in.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?

User avatar
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire
Posts: 2899
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:17 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Post by Trumperman » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:11 pm

This just in from the Goldfather:

Will do Bill. I will get on the Internet later this evening. Is there a topic I should be aware of???? I'll just say hello and let everyone know I'm still alive and doing well.


Thanks,
TE
Don't think......shave.

User avatar
jww
Woolly Bully
Posts: 10924
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:49 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post by jww » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:01 pm

Trumperman wrote:This just in from the Goldfather:

Will do Bill. I will get on the Internet later this evening. Is there a topic I should be aware of???? I'll just say hello and let everyone know I'm still alive and doing well.


Thanks,
TE
Nice.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?

User avatar
tonyespo
The Goldfather
Posts: 3989
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:20 am
Location: Deep Run, NC
Contact:

I don't have a beard

Post by tonyespo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:19 pm

OK, Bill I'm posting to prove that I'm alive and well. Guys thanks for wondering about me. When I retired and moved to Deep Run, NC I found some new interest. I have 8 acres of land that I take care of. I have a John Deere 950 diesel tractor with a bush hog, finish mower, box blade and disc plow. I belong to a couple of tractor forums, I belong to a Facebook group, I have taught myself to play acoustic guitar. I belong to a great guitar forum called Chordie. I have built a couple of Cigar Box guitars. I belong to a cigar box guitar forum. I also play the Dulcimer. I belong to two dulcimer forums. I have started using Ubuntu Liinux as my OS for my computers. I belong to a Linux forum.

As you can see a lot has happened in my life since I no longer work 60+ hours a week. I still wet shave DAILY. I have been using the Gillette 1947 Super Speed almost exclusively. I own 3 1947's now. They are the ones without the notch. I was born in 1947 so I have a passion for everything that is as old as I am. I pulled one of my old tricks and bought a NEW as in BRAND NEW 1947 SS on Ebay. Some of you may have been bidding on it. I bid $1000 to gurantee that I would win the auction. I paid less than $100 for it. I still use Knize and Floris 89 when the occassion calls for them. I don't miss Charlotte at all. I love the REDNECK Deep Run life.

I will continue to drop in and check out SMF from time to time.

Bill, thanks for the invite. Keep the jokes and emails coming.

TE
Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.

Rufus
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:25 pm
Location: Greater Toronto Area

Post by Rufus » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:25 pm

Squire wrote:My retirement plans are simple. I'll keep working until the kid graduates from medical school then he can support me.
Squire, I wouldn't count on it; I've five children and I'm hoping that at least one of them will support me in the manner to which I'm accustomed...still waiting.

User avatar
jww
Woolly Bully
Posts: 10924
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:49 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Re: I don't have a beard

Post by jww » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:28 pm

tonyespo wrote:OK, Bill I'm posting to prove that I'm alive and well. Guys thanks for wondering about me. When I retired and moved to Deep Run, NC I found some new interest. I have 8 acres of land that I take care of. I have a John Deere 950 diesel tractor with a bush hog, finish mower, box blade and disc plow. I belong to a couple of tractor forums, I belong to a Facebook group, I have taught myself to play acoustic guitar. I belong to a great guitar forum called Chordie. I have built a couple of Cigar Box guitars. I belong to a cigar box guitar forum. I also play the Dulcimer. I belong to two dulcimer forums. I have started using Ubuntu Liinux as my OS for my computers. I belong to a Linux forum.

As you can see a lot has happened in my life since I no longer work 60+ hours a week. I still wet shave DAILY. I have been using the Gillette 1947 Super Speed almost exclusively. I own 3 1947's now. They are the ones without the notch. I was born in 1947 so I have a passion for everything that is as old as I am. I pulled one of my old tricks and bought a NEW as in BRAND NEW 1947 SS on Ebay. Some of you may have been bidding on it. I bid $1000 to gurantee that I would win the auction. I paid less than $100 for it. I still use Knize and Floris 89 when the occassion calls for them. I don't miss Charlotte at all. I love the REDNECK Deep Run life.

I will continue to drop in and check out SMF from time to time.

Bill, thanks for the invite. Keep the jokes and emails coming.

TE
Thanks for the update, Tony.

What -- guitar and farming forums over SMF? What is this world coming to????? 8)
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?

brothers
Posts: 20299
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:18 am
Location: Oklahoma City USA

Post by brothers » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:08 pm

Tony, it sonds like you're enjoying and making the most of your retirement. Good for you!
Last edited by brothers on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

SOTD 99%: soaps & creams, synthetic/boar/badger brushes, General V2 by Colonial, Kai & Schick blades, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444

User avatar
Squire
Squadron Leader
Posts: 18970
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: North East, MS

Post by Squire » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:25 pm

Gone native apparently, least he's still shaving.
Regards,
Squire

User avatar
Nitrox
AC/DC
Posts: 3836
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:28 pm

Post by Nitrox » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:25 pm

Hey Tony, good to see your post. I miss that 'gold' smile of yours in the threads.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."

CMur12
Posts: 7056
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:41 pm
Location: Moses Lake, Washington, USA

Post by CMur12 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:06 pm

Tony, it's great to hear from you. At leat now we know you weren't banned! :P

What an amazing collection of new interests in active development! It sounds like you're leading a full and most rewarding retirement.

Live long and enjoy it -

- Murray
Give me Soap or give me death!

User avatar
tonyespo
The Goldfather
Posts: 3989
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:20 am
Location: Deep Run, NC
Contact:

Facebook

Post by tonyespo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:07 pm

If anyone here is also on Facebook I'm on there as member name tonyespo No surprise there. I will be happy to friend you if you send me a friend request. I am co-sponsor of a group on FB called MWHS Classes of the 60's It's a group of people who went to Monroe Woodbury High School in New York from 1960 to 1969. In other words it a group of old farts like ME who remember the Good Ol Days. I visit Facebook at least once a day.
Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.

User avatar
Aztecface
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:18 pm
Location: Sweden

Post by Aztecface » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:30 am

Tony, good to see you. What's more important is that you're still using K10.
Regards,
Jani

Post Reply