Tonyespo

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

It's nice to hear from Tony, one of the members who make this place great.

Also, quite an inspirational retirement you're living there Tony - so much for vegetating and feeling at a loose end.
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Tony is not the first guy I've known who retired from an executive position and went back to a farm. There is something innately satisfying about working close to the soil.
Regards,
Squire
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Tony!!!!!!! What, no forum dedicated to your models? How is your wife? I have thought what I might want to learn if I retired. I'd probably be content to sell lounge chairs on the beach, collect the money, play a little volleyball and get an awesome tan. And go on a few missions trips. Wow, dulcimer and guitar and tractoring, you sure you don't work as hard with all that? Probably more satisfying for sure.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Squire wrote:Tony is not the first guy I've known who retired from an executive position and went back to a farm. There is something innately satisfying about working close to the soil.
Based on my experience it reminds not of the soil, but the same old bull s**t I had to put up with as an executive. :bull
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Sam, interesting you should mention the Porsche Models.

Post by tonyespo »

I have fond memories of my years working at Hendrick Porsche. I still communicate with the guys and gals from time to time. I still look back at the fun I had driving some of the worlds greatest performing cars on the tracks. I look back at attending some of the best dining experiences one could imagine all paid for by Rick Hendrick. I look back to going to managers conferences at top vacation paradises and staying in 5 star hotels. But the top of the list of what I will never forget is the photo shoots with the Porsche models. I still have the photos and I will always have the memories.
Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.
brothers

Post by brothers »

I think some resumes or phone calls or whatever is the currently popular means of applying for a job, will be heading for the desk of the HR director at Hendrick Porsche posthaste.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
sgtrecon212

Post by sgtrecon212 »

Thanks for the reply,Tony. Good to know all is well with you and you are enjoying your retirement. Like most the others here, I miss your participation. I get on a couple times a day, but don't necessarily post.

I can't wait to retire myself, but I have a bit of time yet..

So great to see you again :D
Steve
______
Go Cubbies
wenestvedt

Re: I don't have a beard

Post by wenestvedt »

tonyespo wrote:I have 8 acres of land that I take care of. I have a John Deere 950 diesel tractor with a bush hog, finish mower, box blade and disc plow. I belong to a couple of tractor forums, I belong to a Facebook group, I have taught myself to play acoustic guitar. I belong to a great guitar forum called Chordie. I have built a couple of Cigar Box guitars. I belong to a cigar box guitar forum. I also play the Dulcimer. I belong to two dulcimer forums. I have started using Ubuntu Liinux as my OS for my computers. I belong to a Linux forum.
Tractor...cigar box guitar...Linux.... Yep, the Goldfather has turned into a hippie!

But regardless, it's good to see you back here, sir.

- Will