The Walking Dead

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Quarterstick

The Walking Dead

Post by Quarterstick »

This AMC series is coming back for a second season on Oct. 16. My favorite new show on television last year, it is much more than just zombies. Interesting characters, great acting, and enough tension to hold up the Golden Gate Bridge. I enthusiastically recommend it!
Andy

An elephant for a dime is only a good deal if you need an elephant and you have a dime.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll try to catch an episode and see how I like it.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Quarterstick

Post by Quarterstick »

FYI, the series is serial in nature. So if you start in Season 2 there are bound to be references to past events. Season 1 is available on DVD and only consisted of 6 episodes.
Andy

An elephant for a dime is only a good deal if you need an elephant and you have a dime.
function

Post by function »

Big fan of that show. AMC has hit a few home runs with their original series programming.
Nick

Give me Lavender or give me death.
churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

Sounds good. My wife and I like to watch movies and series, with a tub of popcorn. I've ordered the season 1 DVD from my local library.
_______
John
Quarterstick

Post by Quarterstick »

churchilllafemme wrote:Sounds good. My wife and I like to watch movies and series, with a tub of popcorn. I've ordered the season 1 DVD from my local library.
My wife and I enjoy watching a good movie or series together as well. However, shows like this are a no go unless I want to spend an inordinate amount of time stumbling around my house in the wee hours of the morning , half awake checking on "that sound."
Andy

maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

What a coincidence - SWMBO and I just rented Season 1 from Redbox last night (of course, the entire season fits on a single 2-sided disc). We really enjoyed it and have set the DVR for Season 2. One downside, though - now that we've seen The Walking Dead, Terra Nova looks like recess for toddlers :lol: On a serious note, anyone not particularly fond of gore should probably avoid this one.
Regards,
Mike
Seamaster

Post by Seamaster »

I thought the first episode was sensational, but it went downhill fast.

As for the gore, sure, it's probably strong by American TV standards, but pretty anaemic compared to the classic Italian zombie movies of the seventies and eighties.
m3m0ryleak

Walking Dead

Post by m3m0ryleak »

Another big fan of the show and the genre.

Terra Nova ?, pfft. A so-so mash up of Stargate and Lost World with
mediocre CGI best associated with SyFy movies. But, I'll keep watching and hope for improvement.
Tony

"They say that dreams are growing wild just this side of Burma Shave" - Tom Waits