Autumn days and ex-wives

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
m3m0ryleak

Re: Autumn days and ex-wives

Post by m3m0ryleak »

Squire wrote: if you go back and marry the same one twice does that count as one or two?
Nope, just Revision A. :lol:
Tony

"They say that dreams are growing wild just this side of Burma Shave" - Tom Waits
Antique Hoosier

Post by Antique Hoosier »

Antique Hoosier wrote:4 years ago I divorced after 21 years of marriage. NEVER again for me for sure! Once was certainly enough!
***Update*** Title this one, "Spring Days and Future Wife"

I need to learn to never say NEVER.... I'm engaged to be married May 12th to a Strawberry Blonde named Melissa.... She is a Floris and Penhaligon's Gal for good measure. A 5'9" Beauty who really makes my life so much better!
Mike
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Antique Hoosier wrote:
Antique Hoosier wrote:4 years ago I divorced after 21 years of marriage. NEVER again for me for sure! Once was certainly enough!
***Update*** Title this one, "Spring Days and Future Wife"

I need to learn to never say NEVER.... I'm engaged to be married May 12th to a Strawberry Blonde named Melissa.... She is a Floris and Penhaligon's Gal for good measure. A 5'9" Beauty who really makes my life so much better!
Agreed - one ought to be careful what they mean when they say never. :wink:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

Congrats Mike!
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
brothers

Post by brothers »

Good for you Mike! Sounds like you're fortunate she found you and changed your life!

PS, thanks for posting. Please stop in more often.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

Congrats. I hope she doesn't read SMF. The *original* Mrs. Kyle and I are approaching 36 years. Two days later, our older daughter gets married.
Jim
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Congratulations Mike and Jim, hope there are many more happy Springs in both your futures.
Regards,
Squire
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Perhaps I'll be third time lucky, as I tell my second wife.
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Congratulations Mike, nice that she likes those colognes. Now you know what she'll get you for your birthday. :lol:
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
Antique Hoosier

Post by Antique Hoosier »

Thanks Gentlemen!
Mike
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Mazel Tov!

still laughing how easily love turns us on our heads

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

Congratulations, Mike. I'm in my second (and last) marriage. Much smarter this time.

Comic Mort Sahl: "We would have broken up except for the children. Who were the children? Well, she and I were."
“Time just seems to get quicker. You look in the mirror in the morning and you think, ‘I’m already shaving again!’” - Terry Jones of Monty Python's Flying Circus
GA Russell

Re:

Post by GA Russell »

GA Russell wrote:Squire, October 8 (1956) was a big day for my parents as well. As an early anniversary present, my dad bought my mom tickets to see Rex Harrison and Julie Andrews on Broadway in My Fair Lady. That was a very big deal to my mother.

We lived in Boston at the time, and they spent the day driving down to New York, listening to Don Larsen pitch his perfect game in the World Series!
The New York Times today points out that it was on this date in 1956 that My Fair Lady opened on Broadway, and provides a link to Brooks Atkinson's review.

http://timesmachine.nytimes.com/timesma ... k&WT.mc_c=
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
Tayken

Post by Tayken »

Interesting question and responses thus far....however, it has to be asked why once you divorce someone, you will want to go back to them? I am with the poster who said "never again". I was only married for 9yrs, but admittedly all flags were ignored when we met on my part i.e. she had sole custody of her young daughter, didn't have anything good to say about her ex, we moved in so quickly.

In the end when I told her I want out...she uttered that "by the time she is done with me, I'll wish I was still married to her". I called her bluff and served her, and that is when the custody battle started. In the end, she caved and we have 50-50 as well as me keeping my pension, no spousal support and just offset child support as opposed to table amount.

So....I managed to get away lightly, no way am I going to take my chance again unless I meet a woman that earns more than me.
Araner

Post by Araner »

The Circle of Love

Autumn days and ex-wives
Who’d have thought we’d grow to despise
The way we talk, the way we chew our food
The way she laughs like an old hyena
How she hates when I tell the same stories
All the little things that should be no worries

Once we loved, like teens in heat
Then she complained about my large cold feet
Now those feet walk solo, no one by my side
Tears all dried pain all gone
The air seems cleaner the sky a brighter blue
Faded are the things I wished I knew

One can say "never again" as often as one likes
It doesn’t work that way, we’re like tots & tykes
See what you like, like what you see
The warmth of the Sun on a summer day
A man and a woman, a touch and a kiss
Wedding bells ring in a 2nd round of bliss
Maybe

Just having fun!
Mike
Tayken

Post by Tayken »

Right.....perhaps some people like paying indefinite spousal support, on top of child support? :D
Araner wrote:The Circle of Love

Autumn days and ex-wives
Who’d have thought we’d grow to despise
The way we talk, the way we chew our food
The way she laughs like an old hyena
How she hates when I tell the same stories
All the little things that should be no worries

Once we loved, like teens in heat
Then she complained about my large cold feet
Now those feet walk solo, no one by my side
Tears all dried pain all gone
The air seems cleaner the sky a brighter blue
Faded are the things I wished I knew

One can say "never again" as often as one likes
It doesn’t work that way, we’re like tots & tykes
See what you like, like what you see
The warmth of the Sun on a summer day
A man and a woman, a touch and a kiss
Wedding bells ring in a 2nd round of bliss
Maybe

Just having fun!
Mike
brothers

Re:

Post by brothers »

drmoss_ca wrote:I must be a slow learner - I still have the training wheels 35 years after meeting her.

Chris :roll:
Today a friend of ours asked me what she'll do if I retire and suddenly she's got half the money and twice the husband. I shudder to know the answer to that! :D

One other thought. An old lawyer I know didn't take divorce cases. They're nothing but trouble, and while some folks joke that sometimes the money is really good because the parties like to say it's worth it when they pay the bill. Anyway he told would-be clients that he didn't take divorces, and he gave them this free but priceless advice: "Stay with your first mistake."
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Gary, perhaps I should have followed the old lawyer's advice and stayed with my first mistake. Although my second marriage is far from a mistake, after 17 years, I feel like the Energizer bunny when it comes to my first: I just keep on paying (aka, never ending alimony). Fortunately number one and I had a non-acrimonious parting and we remain on good terms.
Bryan
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Lawyers should restrict themselves to professional advice and keep their personal opinions to themselves. Free advice, however well intended, can turn into the most expensive down the road when the problem gets bigger.
Regards,
Squire
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Squire wrote:Lawyers should restrict themselves to professional advice and keep their personal opinions to themselves. Free advice, however well intended, can turn into the most expensive down the road when the problem gets bigger.
In other words, you get what you pay for.
Bryan