Where is DEF?

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
BullGoose
Vendor

Where is DEF?

Post by BullGoose »

Has anybody heard from DEF (Doug) lately? I miss his witty and informative posts.
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

I had the same thought the other day.
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
mikey

Post by mikey »

Maybe he is visiting bernards66 (Gordon).

Thanks,
Mike
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Or gone into hibernation, it's that time of year.
Regards,
Squire
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

Squire wrote:Or gone into hibernation, it's that time of year.
But it is the height of shaving season. :D
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

mikey wrote:Maybe he is visiting bernards66 (Gordon).

Thanks,
Mike
I miss Gordon as well. :(

- Phil
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Gordon's back, well, visiting anyway.
Regards,
Squire
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

Squire wrote:Gordon's back, well, visiting anyway.
That is good news!

- Phil
GregPQ

Post by GregPQ »

Squire wrote:Gordon's back, well, visiting anyway.
Extremely glad to hear this. Very good news!
Greg
Fiat lux, et facta est lux. Que la lumière soit, et la lumière fut. Let there be light, and there was light.
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

Anyone?

- Phil
brothers

Post by brothers »

Phil, it looks like the last time my fellow Oklahoman posted here was in July.

Doug, if you're reading, I don't know you, but your intelligent and witty participation here has always set a good example for me to follow. I hope all's well, and that you will post again soon!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

The search continues. :?

- Phil
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

The search continues
on the subject of search, when is 'merkur at bullgoose' going to show a result??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

fallingwickets wrote:
The search continues
on the subject of search, when is 'merkur at bullgoose' going to show a result??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

clive
If you produce DEF, I'll produce the Merkur blades. Deal? :lol:

- Phil
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

HAHAA good zinger there Mr. Phil

:lol: :lol:

clive
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

Don't worry Clive...I will stock the Merkur blades. I had so many Merkur products that were back-ordered that I did not place a new holiday order...I simply took receipt of back-ordered items. It will have to wait until January.

- Phil
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Hi Phil

its no rush.....youre one of the nicest merchants here and of course i would prefer to spend money with you rather than someone else.

clive
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

December 26, 2012 @ 1752....DEF was logged on....

That's all I have to report for now.

-Tye
Contributing Member to the Cause
DEF

Post by DEF »

Greetings to all, and happy holidays!

Technically, Phil produced me, so I will leave it to you guys to haggle about the Merkur quid-pro-quo.

I am still alive and kicking, living in Jenks, Oklahoma, and doing mostly what I've always done. The wetshaving bug left me suddenly quite some time back, and today I am mostly getting by with a Mach 3 and a brushless cream like Kiss My Face Moisture Shave or Nancy Boy. I still break out the Merkurs and brushes a couple of times a month, though -- as I did today.

For a while, all the dough I had been spending on shaving gear went into fountain pens, but that bug has left me, too. I became fond of the startup makers Edison Pen Co. and TWSBI, and I have several of the cheaper Lamys also. I'm a Diamine ink guy.

I'm still working at The University of Tulsa, where I plan to stay until the kids reach college age, because a tuition-free education will be an option for them as kids of an employee. Ben is 11 now, and Emma is 13, so the Mrs. and I are doing a lot of the driving back and forth routine.

We're active these days at All Souls Church here in Tulsa, which is a Unitarian-Universalist congregation. The theology there, to the extent there is one, is quite different from what I grew up with, but I've not found a more welcoming and interesting group of people. Both the Mrs. and I are volunteering with the children's education department. (Two Sundays ago, I accompanied the 7th graders on a field trip to the local Hindu temple, which was a fascinating experience.)

I'm no longer home brewing, simply because I got tired of lifting large vessels filled with fluid in various stages of beerness. In the new year, I'll be swearing off alcohol and sodas as part of a weight-loss effort.

Also in the new year, I will take up a dormant hobby -- home recording. I dabble in a little guitar and bass, and I have enough of a setup to lay down some basic tracks. I'll be doing it simply as a diversion, and it will take a while to knock off the rust. But at least it's a "creative" hobby instead of a "consumptive" hobby.

I will make an effort to check in here more often and be, if not an obsessively regular presence, at least not so much of a stranger. My social media life has focused on Facebook and active participation on the Tulsa World web boards under a pseudonym.

Let me know what I've missed -- other prodigal users, discontinued favorites, etc.

Best regards to all, and heartfelt wishes for a healthy, happy, and rewarding 2013!

All best,
Doug
Doug
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

Good hearing from you, Def....sounds like you've been a busy guy.

Best o' luck in 2013.

-Tye
Contributing Member to the Cause