Walk Over Shoes?

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
jtpca

Walk Over Shoes?

Post by jtpca »

Anyone have experience with these fine looking specimens??

See http://www.walkover.com/
Jason

There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know. - Truman
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

No personal experience --- but man are they nice looking shoes.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
IsaacRN

Post by IsaacRN »

They look great, but at that price point, I wonder if they can be resoled.
jtpca

Post by jtpca »

I would hope they could be resoled. They are indeed fine looking and do not recall any other N. American shoe looking the same.

Price is an issue indeed!
Jason

dosco

Post by dosco »

Interesting shoes. Not the cheapest by any stretch, although I was watching "How It's Made" not too long ago and they were presenting a bit about how shoes are manufactured. Turns out it was a high-end Italian brand (I forget the name) that went for something like $1,200.00 a pair (!!).

Thanks but no thanks.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Very attractive though, would like to visit one of their stores.
Regards,
Squire
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

For the more frugal of us -- you can get a very good pair of bucks at LL Bean, and they are guaranteed for life -- no re-soling necessary, simply return them for a new pair.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

These shoes have a Goodyear welt, which means that they are easily resoled. This is the good news.

Unfortunately, they come in only medium width. This means that unless your feet are exactly the width envisioned by Walk Over, you will end up getting shoes that are too long if your feet are a little too wide or too short if your feet are alittle too narrow. Proper fit is everythng in a pair of shoes. The chances of getting a poor fit here are inexcusably high for what is touted as a product of quality.

- Murray
jtpca

Post by jtpca »

CMur12 wrote:These shoes have a Goodyear welt, which means that they are easily resoled. This is the good news.

Unfortunately, they come in only medium width. This means that unless your feet are exactly the width envisioned by Walk Over, you will end up getting shoes that are too long if your feet are a little too wide or too short if your feet are alittle too narrow. Proper fit is everythng in a pair of shoes. The chances of getting a poor fit here are inexcusably high for what is touted as a product of quality.

- Murray
This was exactly my concern - I saw a pair on sale at cladmen.com (courtesy of Sam) which peaked my curiosity. SWMBO would have me on the street if I paid regular price for their shoes. Especially without trying them on!.
Jason

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I don't regard the prices as high or excessive for a quality shoe. I generally pay $200-$300 for my casual shoes and >$400 for my dress shoes (usually Church's). My casual shoes will last me about 10 years, whilst my dress shoes will last +15 years and usually much longer although I do tend to become bored with them in the out years. Of the Walk Over Shoes I like the look of the Gaucho Crazyhorse and the Natural Stampede.
brothers

Post by brothers »

The Walk Overs are handsome shoes, no doubt. I've had the best luck with Ecco brand and am quite fond of my CROCS!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444