happy st. patrick's day!

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
paddy

happy st. patrick's day!

Post by paddy »

today i shall watch the milan san-remo cycle race and then head to the pub to watch england v. ireland in the rugby with a few of my native breathren, then who knows after that. this year it's on a saturday for a change, and i intend to take full advantage of that fact :P

whatever you have planned, have a good one and keep 'er lit!
Remember: this is all just wasted time and lives talking nonsense to strangers about pieces of metal, hair and chemical compounds.
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

ban sober from the dictionary today :lol: :lol:

enjoy

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Erin Go Bragh!

No luck of the Irish however, for Notre Dame, who went down to a typically tough Xavier team in the early hours of the morning today in the NCAAs.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
LouisIII

Post by LouisIII »

Gutted Cancellaro got pipped, he did all the work in the last 10k.
~ Infusing the irreducibly quotidian with sensual pleasure ~
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

Saol Fada Chugat Paddy!

I woke up @ 5A.M. and shaved with all this heathen, sassanach kit.
:mrgreen:
Off in HEAVY rain to gift my english mechanic with some proper soda bread .
I wear a white shirt, lodenfrey green sportscoat and orange tie under a brit brolly.
His 'favourite' customer is there; high school math teacher who drives a VW bus. It's always festoned with lace curtain irish decals. Today, he was resplendant in Arran sweater with his family ANCIENT blackberry pattern, blackthorn stick ( that's no true Shilleliegh fool) and a fake broque one part Rennaissance Fairre/ one part Whitey Bolger.
He sees my orange and freaks out,makes an off side query about my family ties?
Well, I'm a Kavanaugh, common as Smith with some Northern O'Hagan and Oh, my great grandmother's maiden name was O'Donafin-Rossa, granddaughter of himself Jeremiah.I pass on naming my english ancestry.
He doesn't have a clue. But to be fair the irish-american celtic mist mythology
is as polluted as a certain body of water dyed green today.
My mechanic is trying not to laugh as I start speaking the gaelic in it's pure Myles Na'Gopaleen/Flan O'Brian form to him.
David and I pop next door to the brit import shop for a tin of tea. The scottish owner looks us over and mockingly pats me down for 'irish confetti, revolvers and bombs.' :lol:
Dave ( IT'S really HAMMERING US NOW) drives me home the short distance and decides to close shop early.
I come inside and change into Saint Patrick's traditional colour-BLUE.
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

jww wrote:Erin Go Bragh!

No luck of the Irish however, for Notre Dame, who went down to a typically tough Xavier team in the early hours of the morning today in the NCAAs.
The best part about being one of the Fighting Irish is that the school was founded by French priests :roll:
Regards,
Mike
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

maskaggs wrote:
jww wrote:Erin Go Bragh!

The best part about being one of the Fighting Irish is that the school was founded by French priests. Add that to the fact that the official name is still "Our Lady of the Lake" - in French - and you can see how much longevity a football team from the early twentieth century still has :lol:
Regards,
Mike
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

=D> And all those splendid 'black irish' players taking the field for us too
RazorRamone

Post by RazorRamone »

With a raised pint:

Here's to you and here's to me
May we never disagree
But if we do,
Then screw you
And here's to me.

Cheers!! Happy St Patrick's Day!!

RR
brothers

Post by brothers »

It's my daughter's birthday also. We had a great one yesterday, I had a beer, not green, and I forgot to wear green, of course! Still, a good time was had by all. I trust none of the SMF camp are suffering from hangovers this fine Sunday morning! It's fitting that her birthday is also St. Patrick's day. My wife's grandparents were native Irish. Lived in Iowa, as did her father, naturally, until he came a bit further south because he sorely disliked the cold weather in that part of the country. As an aside, regarding my late father in law (McDermott), he was a proud member of the US Navy, an enlisted man who served in the Pacific during WWII. Had two ships sunk from underneath him, but didn't get wet!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
paddy

Post by paddy »

sounds as if i'm not the only one who had a good night!:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17422582
Remember: this is all just wasted time and lives talking nonsense to strangers about pieces of metal, hair and chemical compounds.