Prayer, Thoughts Appreciated

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Chaps

Prayer, Thoughts Appreciated

Post by Chaps »

A brief history...Some of you may remember a couple of years ago when I was injured by a bull at a rodeo. The bull broke my shoulder, tore my rotator cuff, bruised my lungs and ribs. Well, a month ago thanks to a long overdue x-ray I found out that the bull also broke my left leg. At the time of the accident no one ever x-rayed my leg, not the hospital, not the ortho, no one. The health care people said it was only bruised. They were wrong.

Over the last two years my leg has gotten progressively worse. I have arthritis in the fracture and extensive nerve damage. I have been using a cane more and more for stability. During the last few days, I have been experiencing a cramping type pain in my leg. I went to the doctor about it today and they want me to have an ultrasound done to rule out a possible blood clot. I am having the ultrasound done tomorrow. I really would appreciate any prayers or thoughts.

My health care professional believes the pain is a result from the original fracture and not a blood clot, but like I said, it has to be ruled out. I hope they are right and it is just pain from the nerve damage. Sorry for the lengthy post.

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

Prayer sent, Danny!
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

Praying for you, Danny.

Dave
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Done.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
malocchio

hope

Post by malocchio »

Danny,whatever you do,don't panic and think the worst.The first good thing is that someone finally found the true nature of the problem,that you did indeed have a break.In someways you are lucky,gangreen may have set in there,but it sounds like it has not.You have a doctor on the right path now,we all hope he can cure your malady,have faith !
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

You got it, Danny!

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
Shave4Fun

Post by Shave4Fun »

Done, Danny!
It would be a scary thing for me to think it could be a blood clot. I pray the Lord's will in this, and that you can have a good leg to walk on!
For Him,
Roger
Roger

I've been a wet shaver for 56 years! 8)
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

+6.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Good luck Danny

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
SRD

Post by SRD »

Prayers and best wishes Danny.
Dave
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Good news...No blood clot!!!! Just nerve damage and arthritis. Never thought I would be happy to have nerve damage and arthritis, but I'll take what I can get. They have put me on some medication for the nerve damage and I have already been taking Mobic for the arthritis in my shoulder. Going to be cane shopping soon. Been using my wife's grandfather's for a while, but he was over six feet tall and I am somewhat vertically challenged so I need a shorter one. Maybe something with a bronze or silver horse head :D
Thank you all so very much for the prayers and kind words. I appreciate everyone on this forum more than you can ever know.

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I will likewise pray and when things are better, let's meet for lunch again. I'd want to see those Maginini slippers and any fedora/panama hat
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Sam wrote:I will likewise pray and when things are better, let's meet for lunch again. I'd want to see those Maginini slippers and any fedora/panama hat
Will do, Sam. I'm thinking maybe Miss Cordelia's in the next week or two?

Danny
Danny

Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

works for me, or finos, or colettas on parkway
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

Very good news to hear...... =D>

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

Good news. And good luck with finding a great cane.
_______
John
brothers

Post by brothers »

Danny, take good care. Enjoy the lunch, and see if you can get Sam to pick up the tab! :wink:
Last edited by brothers on Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Good luck with your healing Danny, I hope you get better. :)
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

that sounds like a lot easier situation to deal with,and RA medications are constantly evolving,lots of us live with pain,but it's always good to still be kicking ! good luck !
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Danny, I'm sorry to hear this, as I had hoped you were over the effects of that accident by now. I, too, will send prayers for healing improvement.

- Murray