Rusty Bolts

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

rustyblade wrote:
Kyle76 wrote:OK, I get it. We're bringing out the big guns. Well, then, how about an oxy-acetylene cutting torch? This handy tool was known in my dad's metal shop as a "torch-wrench" for its ability to quickly dispatch the most stubborn bolt. Welder's glasses recommended.

Effective for sure. Since the structure is made of wood you would only need to cut one bolt and the rest would burn to the ground. You would have a pile of ash and some bolts left over. Just hope the neighbours don't call the fire department!
:)
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

ShadowsDad wrote:Wendell dynamite would be an inefficent explosive for the job. You'd want det cord (easiest) or C4. With det cord it's just one blasting cap, and one continuous length, wrapping the swing in key areas where you want it cut. A mililisecond after detonation the swing is rubble and it'll mostly be in a pile.
Understood --- but dynamite would so much louder -- and stuff would be flying all over the place .... that's always fun!
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

Hehehe. I have loosened some of them. The fun part was that I was able to detach the tree house from the platform.

In my destructive streak...I pushed the top off and it shattered into about 10 pieces.

Then I let out a big Rick Flair "WOOOOO!!!"

OK...back to my normal reserved self.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Oh you demolition man, you.

Wendell

Rambler

Post by Rambler »

Were the three seashells used?
--Greg
Bobwhite

Sawzall!

Post by Bobwhite »

Every man needs a Saw-zall (Reciprocating saw) Wood, metal,dry wall, even a large game carcase.
jww
Woolly Bully

Re: Sawzall!

Post by jww »

Bobwhite wrote:Every man needs a Saw-zall (Reciprocating saw) Wood, metal,dry wall, even a large game carcase.
And a ladder ..... :wink:
Wendell

drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

I still say dynamite, gunpowder and ammonium tri-iodide are more fun!

Chris
Oh, the stories I could tell of the iodine crystals and the ammonia that I mixed and painted on so many surfaces...
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace